• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Investment Collectibles website

39 posts in this topic

Nice stuff but I really do not like the way the web site is set up - no search function and no designation by title. You have to look through every book to get to what you may be looking for. Unless I am missing something, I really cannot see why anybody would want it set up this way.

Their prices seem rather steep. Obviously the return on the said "investment" isn't intended to take shape for another 20 years or so. $1,950 for an FF #13 in 8.5. I don't have a guide next to me, but isn't that high?

GPA average for an 8.5 is $911, and for a 9.0 it's $1,232. FWIW.

Their prices seem rather steep. Obviously the return on the said "investment" isn't intended to take shape for another 20 years or so. $1,950 for an FF #13 in 8.5. I don't have a guide next to me, but isn't that high?

GPA average for an 8.5 is $911, and for a 9.0 it's $1,232. FWIW.

893whatthe.gifIt's even more overpriced than I thought. More than 2 times GPA price. insane.gif

Why is it that when I see the word "investment" coupled with the word "collectibles" I have an overwhelming urge to run as fast and far as my legs will take me?

I couldn't agree more. Usually means "You're about to be ripped off." IMHO.

It also makes me think of businesses like the Franklin Mint and Home Shopping Network. I don't like to think that what I collect is on the same order as beanie babies and holiday collectors plates. But, to each his/her own i suppose.

(Marketplace Pimping URL Removed) has added a bunch of new stuff, and Steve tells me that he is listing more daily. Check it out if you get the chance!

So what's your basic commission rate on a post like this? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

think it finally sold for around 17K. wonder if the buyer knew, or it was sitting so long he took what he could get?

Wow nice return on an 8.0.

Is that the second highest copy as well?

1 9.4 and 3 9.0's in the census. I certainly wouldn't call that particular copy the second highest. The consensus on the board was the book looked better as an 8.0, before it was pancaked.