• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who here be man enough to attend Super-Con, Oakland?

91 posts in this topic

It's going to be a nice, mellow show.

I don't know. I mean sure last time was small fry but there is some serious guest list going here. I really enjoy small mellow shows but I get the feeling this one is going to be packed. IMO. If I am wrong you can rub it in all weekend long.

Considering the attendance last time it might be Who is Man enough to actually set up a booth...

Look forward to seeing you guys there. It's going to be a nice, mellow show.

Sounds like you're setting up, Nexus.

Marc

Yes, indeed, I will be set up! It will good to finally meet you. I can tell you some more 80's Berkeley comic book store war stories in person:)

I'll be there on the 21st. I have to attend a wedding on the 20th, otherwise I would go both days. I'm excited to meet art adams, and maybe I can get some stuff CGC SS certified while I'm there. Anyone have any 9.6/9.8 Classic X-men #1's they wanna sell? I'll be scoping the tables looking for good deals on high grade silver/bronze, as well as anything cgc.

-Chris

I'm a sig witness if you need one.

It's going to be a nice, mellow show.

I don't know. I mean sure last time was small fry but there is some serious guest list going here. I really enjoy small mellow shows but I get the feeling this one is going to be packed. IMO. If I am wrong you can rub it in all weekend long.

I'll be there busting your chops regardless. The rumor was that Borock is attending this show - 893scratchchin-thumb.gif and I assume there will be a dinner where we all tar and feather him. poke2.gif As I cannot make SD due to a wedding in Canada, I might actually have to drop some $$$ at this show.

So please bring the good tripe devil.gifhi.gif

Oh can somebody scan and post the flyer, like who is on the guest list anyway as I have zero clue ---- Marketing again might be an issue for this one. "If you build it they might come if they know its been built" poke2.gif

I'll be there on the 21st. I have to attend a wedding on the 20th, otherwise I would go both days. I'm excited to meet art adams, and maybe I can get some stuff CGC SS certified while I'm there. Anyone have any 9.6/9.8 Classic X-men #1's they wanna sell? I'll be scoping the tables looking for good deals on high grade silver/bronze, as well as anything cgc.

-Chris

I'll be there on the 20th buying all the books you want to buy on the 21st devil.gifpoke2.gif

-Chris

I'll be there on the 20th buying all the books you want to buy on the 21st devil.gifpoke2.gif

It's nice to know I can count on you. makepoint.gif

-Chris

-Chris

It's nice to know I can count on you. makepoint.gif

-Chris

yay.gif

Ok, seriously who's on dinner detail for this one? I've only eaten at 2 restaurants in my life in Oakland, both very good but not for a forum din din.

Phil Noto just got added to the guest list...

So that makes Adam Hughes, Jordi Bernet, Art Adams, Bill Sienkiewicz, Travis Charest, Charles Vess, Ken Kelly, Sergio Aragones...and that's just off the top of my head! Tons of other artists as well.

That's a jaw-dropping line-up, at least as good as any of the major shows. And since this is a smaller show, there will be much better opportunities to get sketches and one-on-one face time. Hope everyone comes out and supports it.

www.super-con.com

you know All those guys go to shows. Most of them sketch too. So I don't know why you say it will be easier.

"Easier" as opposed to a larger show like San Diego or Chicago where there are more people, thus more demand. Smaller show = fewer fans = fewer demand = "easier" to get a sketch.

All those guys do shows, sure. But not usually all together under one roof. Really, name the last show that Hughes, Adams, Bernet, Sienkiewicz, and Charest were on the same bill. Good luck.