• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heres a marginal question...

32 posts in this topic

bought a beat up copy of Avengers Special #2 (1968 or 69?) back in the late 80s that had 2 crisp (looked brand new) $10 bills in it from around the year it was published.

That's funny, since that means you got the book for free, and even made some money buying it.

That's funny, since that means you got the book for free, and even made some money buying it.

Yeah, I think the book cost me under $5. I also bought an Amazing Spider-Man from the Goblin drug issues (#98?). It had an old newspaper article in it reviewing the comic. I don't really consider that to be such a ground breaking event anymore, but at the time, according to the tone of the article, it was a very big, controversial topic.

A comic I bought about 25 years ago, had a couple slides of what I believe are playboy centrefolds. Each one had about 20 pics on it and it measured about 2" by 5" in size. Still have them and now I'm just wondering if I should sell them on e-bay.

Who knows, could be some kinda collectable?

was this in or near LA or Chicago where the Playboy offices are/were??

Nope, in Winnipeg. I went down to take another look at them and the actual size is 5 13/16" x 4 1/8". Both are exactly the same. There is a gold bar at the top with "THIS IS A COLOR MICROFICHE SAMPLE" printed in black ink. There's about 40 small pictures and each measures about 1/2" x 1/2".

Antbody know what this is?

A comic I bought about 25 years ago, had a couple slides of what I believe are playboy centrefolds. Each one had about 20 pics on it and it measured about 2" by 5" in size. Still have them and now I'm just wondering if I should sell them on e-bay.

Who knows, could be some kinda collectable?

I will believe it when I see it. Post pics please! laugh.gif

was this in or near LA or Chicago where the Playboy offices are/were??

Nope, in Winnipeg. I went down to take another look at them and the actual size is 5 13/16" x 4 1/8". Both are exactly the same. There is a gold bar at the top with "THIS IS A COLOR MICROFICHE SAMPLE" printed in black ink. There's about 40 small pictures and each measures about 1/2" x 1/2".

Antbody know what this is?

Are you familiar with microfiche? You put the "slide" on the glass bed of a viewer. It is illuminated from below and a magnified image is displayed on a screen for you to puruse. (if you already knew this, sorry).

Apparantly Playboy has been microfiched a lot. This may be a sample from the microfiche maker sent to a prospective customer.

Here is a google search on it.

Are you familiar with microfiche? You put the "slide" on the glass bed of a viewer. It is illuminated from below and a magnified image is displayed on a screen for you to puruse. (if you already knew this, sorry).

Apparantly Playboy has been microfiched a lot. This may be a sample from the microfiche maker sent to a prospective customer

Yeah, I knew what microfiche was. But, I didn't know why they were made. Not 100% sure its Playboy. You'd think they would have their "bunny" logo on it somewhere.

Bottom line?

Pretty common, huh?

Bottom line?

I honestly can't say how uncommon yours are. If it IS a sample set then there may have been fewer of them retained, cause if the customer ended up getting their books fiched, or buying a pre-packaged set of fiches, then they probably would feel no great need to keep the sample.

I'd hold onto them. They are small and this and take little room! grin.gif

I'd hold onto them. They are small and this and take little room! grin.gif

I know, I'll put them in a comic somewhere. I'm sure I'll remember which one in 20 years when I want to find them again. grin.gif