• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heres a marginal question...

32 posts in this topic

or maybe better, a question of marginal interest to anyone else!

I used to read a lot of my comics at meals growing up. Years later when bagging and re-reading them, I ve come across all kinds of "stuff" in the pages like crumbs, bread, sauce stains, old notes, pictures....bugs.

Ive never discussed this before, maybe cause its so stupid....but ----

whats the strangest thing you ever found in a comics you bought??

or maybe better, a question of marginal interest to anyone else!

I used to read a lot of my comics at meals growing up. Years later when bagging and re-reading them, I ve come across all kinds of "stuff" in the pages like crumbs, bread, sauce stains, old notes, pictures....bugs.

Ive never discussed this before, maybe cause its so stupid....but ----

whats the strangest thing you ever found in a comics you bought??

I found a strange substance inside a romance book I bought from greggy.

Nine months later......that same book gave birth to an ugly Asian mini-series. frown.gif

I found your spooge in one of the books I bought from you! Used it to impregnate some crack whore so congrats daddy! tongue.gifsumo.gif

Used it to impregnate some crack whore so congrats daddy! tongue.gifsumo.gif

Let's leave Khaos out of this. frown.gif

NO....the other crack whore! blush.gif

BTW....Darth named his brand new runt with the same first name of Khaos! crazy.gif

Used it to impregnate some crack whore so congrats daddy! tongue.gifsumo.gif

Let's leave Khaos out of this. frown.gif

NO....the other crack whore! blush.gif

BTW....Darth named his brand new runt with the same first name of Khaos! crazy.gif

Darth named his kid "Major"?.......I always thought he was a '. smirk.gif

Didn't Ricky find a pubic hair in one of his slabs? frown.gif

Brian

I received a CGC book with "curly hair" all over the tape which was used to seal the bubble wrap the book was placed in. 893censored-thumb.gif Lets just say I was verrrrrry careful insane.gif

Didn't Ricky find a pubic hair in one of his slabs? frown.gif

Brian

I received a CGC book with "curly hair" all over the tape which was used to seal the bubble wrap the book was placed in. 893censored-thumb.gif Lets just say I was verrrrrry careful insane.gif

Was this the same package that the birds crapped all over? 27_laughing.gif

Was this the same package that the birds crapped all over? 27_laughing.gif

Naw, that one was courtesy of the mailman since he placed the package right next to a plant on the front porch. Bird went "KA BLOW!" 893whatthe.gif

I bought a raw "NM-" ASM #47. It looked really good from the outside, but when I flipped through it, I found goatees and glasses drawn on all the different character's faces throughout the book, as well as eyes that were filled into Spidey's mask in just about every panel he was in. 893censored-thumb.gifmad.gif

It was obviously done by a kid, as there was nothing crude in it, like schlongs or other stuff you'd find in High School textbooks, so I'm amazed that the exterior managed to stay in NM- condition.

Well I didn't find this in a book, but I put something in one...when I was a pre-teen my mom used to get Frederick's of Hollywood catalogs. Those things are full of models posing naked with various types of lingerie, so every once and a while I'd get the mail before my mom, take the catalog, and store it in a comic bag between the comic and the board so she wouldn't know I had it.

When I got older, I traded one of the comics with a catalog in it to a dealer...I didn't think about the fact I had done it until I got home later that day.

I bought a few Fight (or maybe Rangers) 40's Good girl art books. Some enterprising youth used a pencil to carefully draw a nipple on each and every panel of each and every women's breast.

Luckily the dealer took them back!

I bought a beat up copy of Avengers Special #2 (1968 or 69?) back in the late 80s that had 2 crisp (looked brand new) $10 bills in it from around the year it was published. I remember thinking it was kind of odd that no one had found them in the 20 years since they were put there. The book was in pretty bad condition not to have even been read since it was new.

I bought a beat up copy of Avengers Special #2 (1968 or 69?) back in the late 80s that had 2 crisp (looked brand new) $10 bills in it from around the year it was published. I remember thinking it was kind of odd that no one had found them in the 20 years since they were put there. The book was in pretty bad condition not to have even been read since it was new.

Could have been the Fairrie Comic Mother. I heard she goes around giving $10 Dollar bills to good little children. Yeh, I'm sure it was !! 893Funny-thumb.gif