• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GYPSIES, TRAMPS, AND THIEVES HAVE ALL THE LUCK ! ! !

26 posts in this topic

All you have to do is an Advanced GCD search under the "Find a specific comic book/story" section

Yeah, I don't see what the big deal is. I just pumped the story title in, checked the two that came up and confirmed one that was a) the first story and b) was the year specified.

But what was the point of this week's question? Usually I learn something from trivia questions I can't answer, but not this week. Or is there some historical (comic) value to this week's answer that I am missing?

No historical value, same as many questions asked in Quest that one wouldn;t find in the great database (and it is a great one). To a precode horror collector the question was simply wonderful to see. MM 13 was a holy grail of mine finally acquired a few months back. I was glad to see it get a bit of publicity. Just a great precode with a truly classic cover. And I THINK some fun was had by some folks here, including me.

So all good as far as I can see.

PS - come on - do you REALLY derive that much historical value from most of the questions? grin.gif

Well, this week I was correct in BOTH the CGC and NGC questions. I am especially proud of the CGC answer because I never read ASM 129 (have read maybe one or two Punisher stories in all) and just thought it sounded like something Punisher would have said to Spidey.

But was I selected? No. It is apparant that it is really ME, MYSELF and I being conspired against here, and I, for one, won't stand for it any more!

"There will be blood tonight!"