• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buying the label... OF COURSE!

44 posts in this topic

Joanna:

I'll bet that experience as a factory worker came in very handy in understanding people who worked for you when you eventually moved up into management. I think it probably gave you a greater concern and appreciation for the job they do, as opposed to viewing them simply as labor. Sometimes I think some levels of management (in all kinds of work) have disconnected with those below them...

Joanna:

I'll bet that experience as a factory worker came in very handy in understanding people who worked for you when you eventually moved up into management. I think it probably gave you a greater concern and appreciation for the job they do, as opposed to viewing them simply as labor. Sometimes I think some levels of management (in all kinds of work) have disconnected with those below them...

Any situation that gives you insight into lives different from your own are good experiences to have. I worked in several factories when I was young (they paid well for unskilled labor) and I think it helped me a lot. I also backpacked through Europe for 6 months (used the money earned in those factories), and that helped me learn about other cultures. I think it helps to learn these things when you are young, so that you don't become judgemental. Some people know only their own situations, and think the whole world is like that.

Perhaps the best lesson of all was realizing I didn't know everything.

-- Joanna