• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know who zaq12 is on E-bay?

82 posts in this topic

For Metro I would definitely charge my full fee to help them out!! poke2.gif

Although I would accept payment in comics. gossip.gif

Not me. If I were representing them, the fee's would be mile-high. sumo.gif

But then Chuck might sue for copyright infringment. 893naughty-thumb.gifsumo.gif

I won one of those lots today. I was a slightly concerned, then, when I saw who was bidding, I got a little more comfortable.

Should I be nervous? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Ask the seller for the name and contact info of the "lawyer". Also inquire, since the seller claims the books are unrestored, whether he will refund the money if the book is determined to be restored or trimmed.

Are you geographically able to pick the book up in person?

Keep me posted as to his responses. Perhaps he is legit. I am not saying he is not. What I am saying is that red flags are up and caution is advised.

Well, the FF 2 "9.2" had a pretty noticeable back cover stain so I would say at the very least the grades aren't accurate.

This helps explains Metro's pricing model. Metro's buyers are absorbing the losses of the raw overgraded duds SF is buying on ebay.

foreheadslap.gif

UPDATE

I sent an email yesterday to the seller and a request for total today (both messages asking for the full contact info for the lawyer). I have not received a response yet.

I also googled grubdn, not a lot of results. But, all do appear to point to a college student at Farmington on Long Island, NY. Also found his MySpace page, if the seller is the same person.

UPDATE

I exchanged messages via ebay. He will be sending me the books tomorrow, USPS insured with tracking. I'll inspect then send payment or return the books. So, by Monday I should have them. (I have them shipped to my office, so I won't be around on Saturday.)

I sent an email to the seller asking for the tracking code. He said he was busy this weekend and wasn't able to ship the books as promised. But, he will try to ship them today. We'll see.

Ah, the excuses start!!!!! Didn't take long.

I sent an email to the seller asking for the tracking code. He said he was busy this weekend and wasn't able to ship the books as promised. But, he will try to ship them today. We'll see.

Just what I was thinking. The good news is that he didn't send him any money yet.

Just what I was thinking. The good news is that he didn't send him any money yet.

What kind of seller sends books to a buyer he's unfamiliar with prior to getting paid?

What kind of seller sends books to a buyer he's unfamiliar with prior to getting paid?

Guess. gossip.gif

The same kind of person who sends money to a seller he's unfamiliar with prior to receiving any merchandise? confused-smiley-013.gif