• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know who zaq12 is on E-bay?

82 posts in this topic

Mark, thanks for the info.

I just got the books, delivered to my office.

I looked at each one (cover only, didn't take it out of the sleeve, no real close inspection for touch-ups). Following are his grades with my quick, 10 second grading in parantheses:

JIM 88 - 5.5 (5.5/6.0)

SUB 1 - 8.0 (7.0/7.5)

CAPTAIN AMERICA 100 - 8.5/9.0 (6.5/7.0)

IRONMAN 1 - 8.5 (7.0)

JIM 112 - 5.0 (5.0/5.5)

NICK FURY 1 - 8.0 (7.5/8.0)

IRON & SUB 1 - 8.5 (7.5/8.0)

SILVER SURFER 1 - 8.5 (6.5)

You can see he overgraded. When I looked at his pictures, I gave a 1 point discount to his grades. I guess it should have been 2 points.

Anyway, I'll either return and ask for my money back, or, ask to pay less.

Comments/suggestions?

If you want scans, it'll have to wait until after 9PM PST tonight.

Mark, thanks for the info.

I just got the books, delivered to my office.

I looked at each one (cover only, didn't take it out of the sleeve, no real close inspection for touch-ups). Following are his grades with my quick, 10 second grading in parantheses:

JIM 88 - 5.5 (5.5/6.0)

SUB 1 - 8.0 (7.0/7.5)

CAPTAIN AMERICA 100 - 8.5/9.0 (6.5/7.0)

IRONMAN 1 - 8.5 (7.0)

JIM 112 - 5.0 (5.0/5.5)

NICK FURY 1 - 8.0 (7.5/8.0)

IRON & SUB 1 - 8.5 (7.5/8.0)

SILVER SURFER 1 - 8.5 (6.5)

You can see he overgraded. When I looked at his pictures, I gave a 1 point discount to his grades. I guess it should have been 2 points.

Anyway, I'll either return and ask for my money back, or, ask to pay less.

Comments/suggestions?

If you want scans, it'll have to wait until after 9PM PST tonight.

JIM 88 - 5.5 (5.5/6.0)

Got a scan?

Who has a link to the original auction? smile.gif

It was mentioned that many of Metros buys were restored,wasn't it?I'd certainly have them examined by an expert.

Glad to hear the seller and the books really existed. In fact, given the normal overgrading on eBay, his overgrading doesn't even seem to be that out of whack, except for a couple of books. But as Shad said, the main thing to be concerned about here is restoration.

It was mentioned that many of Metros buys were restored,wasn't it?I'd certainly have them examined by an expert.

Glad to hear the seller and the books really existed. In fact, given the normal overgrading on eBay, his overgrading doesn't even seem to be that out of whack, except for a couple of books. But as Shad said, the main thing to be concerned about here is restoration.

Yes, the overgrading appears typical. Definitely subtract a minimum of one grade, and certainly safer to expect two.

Closely examine them for restoration. As I said, 50% of the books Metro bought were restored.

While it may be a ruse, I get the feeling from my discussions that the seller is not very knowledgable at what he is doing.

Well, he's definitely not very knowledgeable about grading. Innocuous is right, it's about 2 grades over on average!