• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else have their birthday passed on by without fanfare?

43 posts in this topic

This might be off topic a bit, but here at work, the entire department always pitches in for cards and gifts when someone has a baby or gets married or any of that good stuff.

About 18 months ago, a couple got married and the department pitched in for a card and a $150 gift.

One month later, the department pitched in for a card and a $125 gift for another marriage.

When that first couple had a baby, the department got 'em over $150 worth of baby stuff.

One year ago, I got married. My wife and I got nothing. Nada. Zilch. Not even a card. Heck, she even worked here for about a year so everyone knew her too.

Just one more reason to hate my job I guess.

After that day my giving would of came to a screeching halt!

laugh.gif

This might be off topic a bit, but here at work, the entire department always pitches in for cards and gifts when someone has a baby or gets married or any of that good stuff.

About 18 months ago, a couple got married and the department pitched in for a card and a $150 gift.

One month later, the department pitched in for a card and a $125 gift for another marriage.

When that first couple had a baby, the department got 'em over $150 worth of baby stuff.

One year ago, I got married. My wife and I got nothing. Nada. Zilch. Not even a card. Heck, she even worked here for about a year so everyone knew her too.

Not sure. I want to take the high road and contribute, but let's face it, right now the low road looks awfully tempting.

So are you going to be donating to the cause of others in the future at your job?

There are already too many people taking the low road in life. I'd opt for the higher one if you can muster it. thumbsup2.gif

Not sure. I want to take the high road and contribute, but let's face it, right now the low road looks awfully tempting.

So are you going to be donating to the cause of others in the future at your job?

There are already too many people taking the low road in life. I'd opt for the higher one if you can muster it. thumbsup2.gif

Mmmm, mustard.