• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Pictures...Thankx for your input!!!!!

31 posts in this topic

Kellie

That Spider-Man 300 does appear to have enough small flaws ( top corner bend, faint crease next to the N ) to drop it out the grade range that would make it worth slabbing. When it comes to comics from the last 30 years what makes the difference betwen a comic being worth $20 or $200 are often very slight flaws that to the non-collector would seem insignificant. The higher end prices are obtained by copies that to the trained eye are in better shape than copies that often look "perfect" to the untrained eye.

The good news is that Spiderman is probably the most collected character published, and there is always a market for decent looking back issues, even if they are not super-high grade. Whereas many comics published in the 1980s and 1990s have a common resale value of only 25 cents to $2 even in "nice" shape, you could get some decent bids on ebay for many of those books, especially if you sell them in small runs (buyers often pay more for the chaff, if they think they are getting a deal on the wheat).

Rather than investing in professional grading, invest in a scanner, and post large clear scans of the more valuable books in the run when you sell. If you are unsure of how to accurately grade, give a grade range that reflects an honest assessment based on grading definitions found in the Overstreet price guide.

Thankx for responding. I am unsure of which of these comics are the more valuable ones (if any). So if anyone can give me any info on which may bring in more than others that would be great.

My suggestion would be to put them away for 30 years, and then ask the question again . . . thumbsup2.gif

Thankx for responding. I am unsure of which of these comics are the more valuable ones (if any). So if anyone can give me any info on which may bring in more than others that would be great.

None of the Marvel Team-Ups in your pics are going to be worth a lot of money. They are generally very nice looking though, so I'm sure you'll find some interest when you go to sell them. But expect to realize single dollar amounts per issue, probably not double digit amounts.

Of the Amazing Spider-Man issues you've posted, only a few in the range of 298-low 300s are possibly worth slabbing if your copies are in perfect condition. However i agree with the other posters who commented on the upper right corner crease on the #300 issue - that's going to kill the grade and means that it is not worth slabbing. Maybe the overall cover looks very smooth, but that single little crease makes a huge difference in the grade of the comic!

In general, unless you find a "key" issue in the comics that you have, older is usually more valuable. But the title is also important. For example, Amazing Spider-Man comics with a 25-cent cover price are probably worth 2-3 times (just a huge ballpark here, you can't take that to the bank) or more what the Marvel Team-Up issues with a 25-cent cover price are worth.

If you have a scanner and can scan your comics, you'll get very good opinions from forumites that will let you know what part of the grading scale your comics fall in. If they are 9.4ish that's probably not worthwhile to pay slabbing costs except for key or valuable issues. If you have 9.6 condition or up, you have increasing slabbing potential. Good luck!

I would go to your local comic store and buy an Overstreet Price Guide. There is info on how to grade, as well which ones will be more valuable.

kellie

None of the Team ups nor Marvel tales are worth much, maybe 50 cent to $1 a piece even in pretty nice condition. Sell as a lot for $20 to $30. The Amazing's are a different story but it looks like maybe $100 depending on the older issues you have.

Ed