• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Important tip for X3 moviegoers

47 posts in this topic

I'd go with the Wolvie spin off as well...or perhaps something indicating the franchise lives on but going with the newer actors rather than the main group of the first 3 movies...

ie: no cyke, storm, wolvie or jean...more Angel, Colossus, Shadowcat and that like.

I just read that there is an extra 30-second scene after the closing credits. The IGN website hinted that it will be much talked about in the fan community. Wonder what it could be?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe a blooper reel.... insane.gif

I just read that there is an extra 30-second scene after the closing credits. The IGN website hinted that it will be much talked about in the fan community. Wonder what it could be?

27_laughing.gif

Oh no, an X-Men blooper reel would be the worst thing to happen to this planet 27_laughing.gif

Nope

http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2006/05/21/1590914.html

On the other hand, there's always a loophole. In the case of X-Men: The Last Stand, it's a weirdly placed "final scene" that runs after the credits. You really have to know to wait for it because it involves waiting for thousands of names to scroll by. Patrick Stewart, who was involved in the filming of three different endings, was at the same screening as we were, seeing the movie for the first time. "I saw it with Jimmy Marsden, and when the credits began to roll, we got up to leave.

"And we were told, 'Sit down, it ain't over!' "

http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2006/05/23/1593011.html

The ending of The Last Stand teases audiences into thinking that the studio, 20th Century Fox, is setting up another sequel.

But Ratner said that was not the intention. Nor are there concrete plans to continue the franchise, which was launched by Bryan Singer and now wrapped by Ratner.

"It wasn't to tease the audience," Ratner said.

"I'm not financing the fourth movie and no one asked me to do it.

"To tell you the truth, the studio didn't even know I was doing it. I shot that scene secretly and I showed it to them right before we final-locked the picture and they said, 'Oh, you can keep that in if you want.' It was not even a written scene. I shot that on a lunch break with Patrick Stewart and Olivia (Williams). That was not a studio-manipulated, strategic kind of scene."

Believe me, whether they'll admit to it or not - whether or not they even know about it yet - if X3 is anything but a bomb there will most certainly be another sequel at some point. Successful motion picture franchises don't grow on trees; a studio kills for these kind of tentpole summer franchise pics. From what i understand, X3 wraps up what could be considered a trilogy, but that hardly means that the series is over...

Believe me, whether they'll admit to it or not - whether or not they even know about it yet - if X3 is anything but a bomb there will most certainly be another sequel at some point. Successful motion picture franchises don't grow on trees; a studio kills for these kind of tentpole summer franchise pics. From what i understand, X3 wraps up what could be considered a trilogy, but that hardly means that the series is over...

I agree. I todays world of mostly bombs a franchise such as x-men is pure gold

I'd go with the Wolvie spin off as well...or perhaps something indicating the franchise lives on but going with the newer actors rather than the main group of the first 3 movies...

ie: no cyke, storm, wolvie or jean...more Angel, Colossus, Shadowcat and that like.

eh, a New Mutants spin-off?

confused-smiley-013.gif

If that is true, where is The Hobbit movie adaption? 893scratchchin-thumb.giffrustrated.gif

If that is true, where is The Hobbit movie adaption? 893scratchchin-thumb.giffrustrated.gif

I wouldn't doubt that we'll see a live action "The Hobbit" movie someday; but I wonder if the producers of the original cartoon adaptation are not making it easy on those who want to do it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

eh, a New Mutants spin-off?

confused-smiley-013.gif

It would not surprise me to see an X-Force movie one of these days.

umm, Peter Jackson worked on something called KING KONG. poke2.gif And he probably wants to take a break, geesh. poke2.gif

umm, Peter Jackson worked on something called KING KONG. poke2.gif And he probably wants to take a break, geesh. poke2.gif

And where is Back to the Future 4!!! insane.gif

... I shot that on a lunch break with Patrick Stewart and Olivia (Williams)."

Is Olivia Williams a mutant in this movie? After seeing her roles in The Sixth Sense and Rushmore, I'm ready to see more of her.

IMDB has her listed as Moira McTaggert.