• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What happened to the Daniel Dupcak thread - did it get pulled?

44 posts in this topic

Or is the entire subject, due to some forum members associating hammer with Dupcak, too volitile?

I definetly think the problem is the Hammer/Dupcak thing. But I say that, hammer aside( we still have no proof he is Dupcak), in general the architect of this forum should not be so quick to worry about the feelings of felons, particularly felons that have committed crimes specific to the hobby. After all, these boards have likely prevented a lot of people from getting scammed on ebay. With guys like Rickdogg posting potential shills, and scam auctions, and many of us doing our parts to email potential bidders and scam artists, as well as posting spam emails, I'm 100% certain that we've prevented a lot of less experienced ebayers from losing money. \

As long as we stick to facts, and avoid flaming, I don't see anything wrong with posting a pic of a guy who was convicted of fraud. A lot of people lurk this forum, even though they may not register or speak. This means that guys who may have otherwise have gotten fleeced, may learn something. That also goes for guys who are thinking of pulling some [!@#%^&^] on ebay or elsewhere. If he sees how critical and unforgiving this forum is, he may think twice before stealing scans from Heritage or Comiclink, or taking pictures of low grade books in empty CGC cases.

By limiting how much we can expose, Arch is only helping to put less heat on these thieves that are corrupting the hobby.

I think if the pic was posted along with factual information on any crimes commited by DD the thread could have been justified....but the pic was posted but there was no relevant info given to go along with it...

is there anybody that can give factual info on the crimes commited by this person...heresay gets us nowhere...lets here/see the facts....anybody???

That also goes for guys who are thinking of pulling some [!@#%^&^] on ebay or elsewhere. If he sees how critical and unforgiving this forum is, he may think twice before stealing scans from Heritage or Comiclink, or taking pictures of low grade books in empty CGC cases.

=================

AK is on point, as usual. It's pretty obvious, from all the "ended early auctions" and shill bid discoveries, that this forum has a pretty good pull w/ online auctions. There are alot of "lurkers" out there who do not post, but they do watch what is being talked about and adjust there auctions accordingly (Am I giving us too much credit? I don't think so....)

Chris