• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The next scandal: UNDISCLOSED ABSORENE!

56 posts in this topic

"This is a very easy product to use. It is simliar in consistency to Play-Doh. All you do is get a small ball, work it into a circle and rub it in one direction. It gently lifts dirt, fingerprints and other smudges off your comic or book. Each order is for 1 tub and contains 11 ounces."

"It is important to note that this product will leave no residue behind. You can also use this on the interior pages of a comic book."

absorene.jpg

(Available for $10.39 a tub at Comicsupply.com)

893whatthe.gif Disturbing or what? 893whatthe.gif

Seeing as you can clean a book with bread, or an art erasure I certainly don't think this is a scandal.

Besides, if you have ever used the stuff you would know that while it works, it takes a lot of time and it is very easy to screw a book up. Not the type of stuff you would use even once per week.

PS: The .39 is because it is on sale.

Seeing as you can clean a book with bread, or an art erasure I certainly don't think this is a scandal.

Besides, if you have ever used the stuff you would know that while it works, it takes a lot of time and it is very easy to screw a book up. Not the type of stuff you would use even once per week.

PS: The .39 is because it is on sale.

Does it work on kitchen countertops?

why is this a scandal dry cleaning without disassembly is not restoration so what is the problem. This is CGCs view aswell as overstreets.

I agree: A product that causes short and long term damage to the ink and paper quality of a book shouldn't be considered restoration.

It should be considered degradation.

why is this a scandal dry cleaning without disassembly is not restoration so what is the problem. This is CGCs view aswell as overstreets.

I agree: A product that causes short and long term damage to the ink and paper quality of a book shouldn't be considered restoration.

Do you even have a clue about what you are talking about? From what I have seen this product doesn't do a darn thing to the ink or the paper. And if it did, then I wouldn't sell it.

Now sure, maybe in 50 years you will see a splotch or something that you don't recall and say it was the ABSORENE!!!! Although I highly doubt it as it doesn't have any staining affects at all that I have seen.

I left a ball (size of a quarter) on a white covered book for about a week and when I took it off there was no marking. The paper did bubble a bit because the ball of it was wet and caused it to crinkle, however you wouldn't leave it on in the first place. I did it to show myself that it wouldn't stain.

The only thing this product removes are contaminates such as Dirt, smoke and the likes. It certainly isn't a cure all, but to say it will damage the ink and paper is highly ignorant as I assume you have no clue as to how to even use it.

Do you even have a clue about what you are talking about?

Probably not...

But what in the world would inspire someone to put a rolled up ball of absorbant chemicals on a comic book?

I didn't intend to offend you or the product you are selling, and the whole "Scandal" thang was posted with tongue firmly in cheek.

But after thinking about it for a bit... insane.gif...maybe "Arm & Hammer" should get into the comic cleaning biz. No...too many connotations there...

In all honesty I have no idea what the stuff is made out of. Could be a bunch of rolled Uranium as far as I know. However, the company that sells this sells a wide range of products used to conserving and cleaning so I really don't think this product will damage a book. I could be wrong, but that is just my 2 nickels.

I certainly wasn't offended by what you said, I just don't want your statements which seem to be untrue and unbased to bias anyone's purchasing decision, or affect my reputation as a dealer.

Do you even have a clue about what you are talking about? From what I have seen this product doesn't do a darn thing to the ink or the paper. And if it did, then I wouldn't sell it.

Now sure, maybe in 50 years you will see a splotch or something that you don't recall and say it was the ABSORENE!!!! Although I highly doubt it as it doesn't have any staining affects at all that I have seen.

I left a ball (size of a quarter) on a white covered book for about a week and when I took it off there was no marking. The paper did bubble a bit because the ball of it was wet and caused it to crinkle, however you wouldn't leave it on in the first place. I did it to show myself that it wouldn't stain.

The only thing this product removes are contaminates such as Dirt, smoke and the likes. It certainly isn't a cure all, but to say it will damage the ink and paper is highly ignorant as I assume you have no clue as to how to even use it.

And look, I am really sorry if I have offended you.

I admit, I have absolutely no experience with this particular comic cleaning substance.

But just to show there are no hard feelings, you can chalk me up for an order (one tub).

I get paid on Friday and I'll pick one up this weekend and give it a whirl.

It HAS to be better than using bread!

And look, I am really sorry if I have offended you.

I admit, I have absolutely no experience with this particular comic cleaning substance.

But just to show there are no hard feelings, you can chalk me up for an order (one tub).

I get paid on Friday and I'll pick one up this weekend and give it a whirl.

It HAS to be better than using bread!

If you want to order head to the website and check it out. Again, no biggie smile.gif

In all honesty I have no idea what the stuff is made out of. Could be a bunch of rolled Uranium as far as I know. However, the company that sells this sells a wide range of products used to conserving and cleaning so I really don't think this product will damage a book. I could be wrong, but that is just my 2 nickels.

I certainly wasn't offended by what you said, I just don't want your statements which seem to be untrue and unbased to bias anyone's purchasing decision, or affect my reputation as a dealer.

I understand, and again my apologies, particularly if this will affect your sales in any way (other than positively, hey! I'm gonna buy one!)

I guess you might have guessed that I have a little bit of "a thing" about cleaning comics.

But I'm always up for trying something new.

Thanks again and best regards.