• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IN THE RAW

36 posts in this topic

Sweet. Not too concerned about condition. Just like the idea of having a copy that you personally got signed by Simonson back in '93 yay.gif

thumbsup2.gif

although it was probably 1984

That's what I meant. foreheadslap.gif

The appeal was that it was signed when the book 1st came out. cloud9.gif

That layton was in acceptible condition I wish you would have got it sent in for me.

What are you talking about? You told me you only wanted NM or better books for your SS collection. confused.gif

That book looks 9.2 or better. I like 9.4 or better but in that case I would have taken 9.2 or better

Kris,

I looked at the book, and there was no way that was coming back higher than an 8.5. Not a chance. The scan is nicer than the book in your hands.

As I said when I 1st posted about the book. Layton picked it up & gave it a nice non color-breaking crease while we chatted about the Secret Wars run.

CGC would have hammered the grade on that book.

I did actually submit the book "just in case" you may have still wanted it. Alex noticed the book 'took a hit' while he was going through the subs, and brought it by my booth to make sure I wanted to spend $27 to slab it. I looked it over again...and decided against it.

The book is nice...it just wasn't going to get past CGC with a 9.2 or better label.

If you paid the sub fees & received the book with a big 8.5 on the label....are you telling me you wouldn't be complaining right now?

I bought them from someone on the board and I love them but he kept crying about shipping and stuff being damaged. I think it was something like that.
flamed.gif