• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the CGC grade of my DD # 7

33 posts in this topic

Oh man, while I was replying you announced the grade. I was going to say 6.5 due to the tanning and chips on the top edge. I think that's the correct grade. But I went with 7.0 because I've seen a lot of other 7.0 CGC books that looked about the same as your DD #7.

6.0 seems a bit low. confused.gif

"burnt edges?"

i was going with a 7.0. was there an odor to the book?

No odor to the book other than "old comic book" smell...I asked the guy when I called for the graders notes and he said that when the tanned edges get that dark they call them burnt... confused-smiley-013.gif

Burnt or tanned no matter...I had not idea they deducted so much for this type of defect...

I have not had much luck sending books in other than a few...

With the DD # 7 I also sent in

TTA # 57...thought 7.5..........got a 6.5

Sgt Fury # 13 thought 8.0.....got an 8.5 yay.gif

Hulk # 180 thought 9.2 (crossing my fingers for a 9.4 but it was a longshot)....got a 9.0

Strange Tales 107 IRS colletion...thought 5.0...got 5.5

I also sent in a few moderns which I am embarassed to say came back 9.0's sorry.giftonofbricks.gif

No odor to the book other than "old comic book" smell...I asked the guy when I called for the graders notes and he said that when the tanned edges get that dark they call them burnt... confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm not surprised at all. This is exactly why you don't grade from scans. sumo.gif

I'm not surprised at all. This is exactly why you don't grade from scans. sumo.gif

Yeah, but...... gossip.gif I had it in person... poke2.gif

And . . . you weren't even close poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif

And . . . you weren't even close poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif

sign-funnypost.gif27_laughing.gif...

Very true...very true