• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm doing something a little different in promoting my auctions, I'm having a contest with prizes.

Here's the link to my auction promo thread.

Here's the link to the post within that thread, explaining the contest and rules.

Spread the word, bring some friends, and let's test our knowledge of today's market for these books. (thumbs u

Thanks for putting up with me. (worship)

Andy

Hi all,

I'm doing something a little different in promoting my auctions, I'm having a contest with prizes.

Here's the link to my auction promo thread.

Here's the link to the post within that thread, explaining the contest and rules.

Spread the word, bring some friends, and let's test our knowledge of today's market for these books. (thumbs u

Thanks for putting up with me. (worship)

Andy

Cool Idea.

Hola All,

Russ Heath was not there. Mick said he recently ad some knee surgery and wasn't able to make the trip. Billy Tucci who did Sgt. Rock: The Lost Battalion was there and he brought some of his original art to peruse. He is a WWII nut and is a great War Comic aficionado as well. I will let Mick recap the list of attendees. Food was delicious.

Hasta,

Pablo

Wow... that's probably the first one he's missed in years.

Mick, who all attended? wWas Steve Fears there? Or Steve Lake?

Neither. We had about 16 people in attendance including Bill Tucci who, it turns out, is the ultimate fanboy. He was great to talk to because he's such a stickler for historical detail. Moreso than Russ Heath if you can possibly imagine that. I can't remember absolutely everybody, but I'll just say that it was fun (as always) hanging out with so many folks who care about war comics.

Mick

Hello Fellas,

Can someone please tell me about the Sgt Rock Specials from the late 1980s and early 90s? I know they are reprints of Our Army stories, but how high did the series go? Any help is much appreciated! (thumbs u

I know this is a Silver Age thread, but thought for sure one of you war comic historians would know the answer (worship)

Thanks!

Mervin

Lots of nice Kubert, Heath, Drucker, Grandenetti, and A&E art all over the place. They reprint plenty of Rock, but as Marc said, there's quite a bit of other stuff including Haunted Tank, Mlle Marie, Johnny Cloud, etc. There are quite a few non-character driven stories (mostly backups or pre-Rock).

Hope that helps.

Mick

I was going to bid on a few 50's DC war books in the CLink auction as I still don't own any, but because of a bid I placed on a ASM which unexpectedly won, I ended up having the money to pick only one book to seriously bid on. I picked the cover I liked most in the auction, and ended up over-paying, but I now own my first DC 10 cent war book:

RAD363872010629_8276.jpg

I was going to bid on a few 50's DC war books in the CLink auction as I still don't own any, but because of a bid I placed on a ASM which unexpectedly won, I ended up having the money to pick only one book to seriously bid on. I picked the cover I liked most in the auction, and ended up over-paying, but I now own my first DC 10 cent war book:

RAD363872010629_8276.jpg

Killer grade on a killer book! Wowsa, now I know who I was bidding against. Sorry. :foryou:

RAD363872010629_8276.jpg

Killer grade on a killer book! Wowsa, now I know who I was bidding against. Sorry. :foryou:

Thanks!

I don't mind thirdgreenham, it was an honor to bid against you (worship)

lol I don't think you overpaid, either. High when compared to Overstreet, but so what. You have the highest graded copy of that book. A 9.0 for that book is great! A better one may exist and may get graded at some point, but it's a book that you wanted and you got it! Congrats!!! :applause:

Andy

lol I don't think you overpaid, either. High when compared to Overstreet, but so what. You have the highest graded copy of that book. A 9.0 for that book is great! A better one may exist and may get graded at some point, but it's a book that you wanted and you got it! Congrats!!! :applause:

Andy

Thanks Andy, much appreciated....I also overpayed in relation to what $ I had to spend and was expecting to spend, but you are correct, I don't mind what I paid as it was a book I really wanted. It's not often that I get my top most wanted book in the CLink auctions, I usually come away disappointed.

And now I can join the DC 10 cent war club!! :banana:

And now I can join the DC 10 cent war club!! :banana:

Welcome to the club. Nice to have you. Now that you have one war comic might I suggest you move your focus to superheroes?

:whistle:

Hola All,

Russ Heath was not there. Mick said he recently ad some knee surgery and wasn't able to make the trip. Billy Tucci who did Sgt. Rock: The Lost Battalion was there and he brought some of his original art to peruse. He is a WWII nut and is a great War Comic aficionado as well. I will let Mick recap the list of attendees. Food was delicious.

Hasta,

Pablo

Wow... that's probably the first one he's missed in years.

Mick, who all attended? wWas Steve Fears there? Or Steve Lake?

Neither. We had about 16 people in attendance including Bill Tucci who, it turns out, is the ultimate fanboy. He was great to talk to because he's such a stickler for historical detail. Moreso than Russ Heath if you can possibly imagine that. I can't remember absolutely everybody, but I'll just say that it was fun (as always) hanging out with so many folks who care about war comics.

Mick

My cousin Steve wasn't there? Surprised he couldn't make it. I need to call him and see how the show went.