• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,101 posts in this topic

I won the 1st Pooch OOAW 112 and the OOAW #97. Big bucks no Whammies!

congrats!!

The first pooch turned out to be a good deal. I had a higher offer for it after I originally bought it. Nice grabs on the other two as well. (thumbs u

Well, my old copy of Our Fighting Forces #45 CGC 7.5 is up on Heritage's marketplace right now for $499. The owner got it in my auction for $215, so if you put in a low-ball offer of $250, you may still win it. (but I doubt it) :shy:

Just picked this up for $28 when I was on vacation in Newfoundland.... even if you have the originals, it's worth picking up - incredible reproduction from the original printers films, and interviews about Blazing Combat with both Jim Warren and Archie Goodwin.

http://www.amazon.com/Blazing-Combat-Archie-Goodwin/dp/1560979658

The "Sgt Rock Combat Tales" reprints some early Sgt Rock stories and a few Sgt Rock prototype's.

The stories are from: SSWS 72, GIC 56 & 68, OAAW 83-84 & 87-90. A nice little selection.

Thank you

I don't have a working scanner right now, so I can't post pics of the books I just picked up. Everyone should know this by now, but Andy is the best seller and, more importantly, the best human being on these boards. I don't think I'm overstating things.

The books were very reasonably priced and Andy was incredibly patient with me geting payment to him. The books were promptly shipped in bomb proof postage stamp covered packaging.

If you are looking for war books, you should be checking Heritage every week for their Sunday auctions. His books are a pedigree in my book. I'm quite sure I will never complete any of the Big 5 series, let alone all 5. I love having some books that were part of Andy's Big 5.

Thanks for the kind words, Mike. To make this hobby, and this world, a better place, we have to start with ourselves. All I can really say is I'm trying.

Once again, thanks. :foryou:

Andy

:news: A plea to my war buddies!!! :news:

I need hi-res scans of the following books (in high grade), please and thank you. (worship) As soon as possible, please and thank you. (worship)

1. AAMOW 94

2. GIC 78

3. GIC 80

4. GIC 87

5. GIC 88

6. OAAW 112

7. OAAW 275

8. OFF 29

9. OFF 71

10. SSWS 81

Once again, please and thank you. (worship)

Andy :foryou:

Edited by thirdgreenham

List updated. (thumbs u

:news: A plea to my war buddies!!! :news:

I need hi-res scans of the following books (in high grade), please and thank you. (worship) As soon as possible, please and thank you. (worship)

1. AAMOW 94

2. GIC 78

3. GIC 80

4. GIC 87

5. GIC 88

6. OAAW 112

7. OAAW 275

8. OFF 29

9. OFF 71

10. SSWS 81

Once again, please and thank you. (worship)

Andy :foryou:

Edited by thirdgreenham