• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

Thanks Shep.

I see copies of AAMOW 18 all the time. Seems like one of the more common issues.

I can appreciate your comments about a change of focus. When I rediscovered my passion for old comics a couple years ago, I made the decision to collect all the big five titles. Then I realized that there was stuff I didn't really care much about like the dino issues in SSWS, or the later Gunner & Sarge and Hunter's Hellcats stuff in OFF.

So I narrowed my focus down to GI Combat and AAMOW primarily. Then GICs blew up and everybody wanted them and the prices went sky high. sigh!

I've pretty much given up on ever owning a minimum fine run of GIC and competition for all war books is pushing prices even higher.

Now I'm just buying what I can when I can and not trying to complete runs.

Actually now my primary focus has shifted away from war books to Richie Rich. A childhood favorite of mine.

Thanks Shep.

I see copies of AAMOW 18 all the time. Seems like one of the more common issues.

I can appreciate your comments about a change of focus. When I rediscovered my passion for old comics a couple years ago, I made the decision to collect all the big five titles. Then I realized that there was stuff I didn't really care much about like the dino issues in SSWS, or the later Gunner & Sarge and Hunter's Hellcats stuff in OFF.

So I narrowed my focus down to GI Combat and AAMOW primarily. Then GICs blew up and everybody wanted them and the prices went sky high. sigh!

I've pretty much given up on ever owning a minimum fine run of GIC and competition for all war books is pushing prices even higher.

Now I'm just buying what I can when I can and not trying to complete runs.

Actually now my primary focus has shifted away from war books to Richie Rich. A childhood favorite of mine.

Richie Rich is da bomb!!! :headbang:

Andy

Don't get me started!!! As a teacher, I can assure you that everybody's favorite war profiteer has also made it his goal to disassemble public education bit by bit with that ultra-bogus "No Child Left Behind" BS. Never had anybody so public-school-UNfriendly.

Or maybe you were really meaning to say "War against IL-literacy?" as the comic book says? (ahem. . .we will now return to our regularly scheduled program)

Here's on that hasn't been posted, I know it ain't silver. No one talks about the war against literacy!

Picture232.jpg

Edited by Comick1

Mick,

In anee battel ther needs to be too opposing sides, my number got pulled and I was drafted into the USAOD. I am a now a Cheef Brigadear Admural in The U.S Army of Dumasses. My battel against literacy is neverending!! Note: this is not a dig at any military pursons at all!

Edited by tatterdemalion