• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Just wanted to give you a head's up that I'm starting a thread for nominations for the best DC war cover comics. Here's the link (click me). It's over in Comics General. :eek: I know, I know, but that's where it'll get the most exposure. Plus, I like to see other people enjoy these great covers, not just us geeks. :wink:

Get over there and start posting your nominations. All will be a part of this contest. This will morph into the Survivor Series that I started up a year ago. So, make sure you post your favourites, (ahem, Mick), and no excuses about how "I don't know how this one didn't make your contest" etc, etc.... lol

Andy

Don't be dumb and post books from other publishers. :fear:

What can I say? I'm biased. :insane:

How many more collections like Mound City are out there. Two months ago we did not think that existed and low and behold he had a Flash 110 in CGC 9.0 an early DC 10 center. That could have easily been a GIC 87. There had to be one guy in this country that kept those books. At least that is my hope. It would be sad if there isn't a NM example to be found.

:shy:

That's right, call me a tease again, Jeffro.

TMI :eek:

When ever has this worked out? Changing a popular character that has had success, for an unknown quantity based on an assumption seems wholly ridiculous. Hollywood truly knows nothing. I am currently writing a movie -script for a movie called Abraham Lincoln - Our Greatest Forefather. I started writing this in 1986 and in the following years the US has waned in "popularity" so I am making him the president of Afghanistan instead. My test audience has been pretty receptive. I'll do a couple more test viewings at the SF Zoo primate room and see if they continue to resist their urges to throw feces at the screen.

When ever has this worked out? Changing a popular character that has had success, for an unknown quantity based on an assumption seems wholly ridiculous. Hollywood truly knows nothing. I am currently writing a movie -script for a movie called Abraham Lincoln - Our Greatest Forefather. I started writing this in 1986 and in the following years the US has waned in "popularity" so I am making him the president of Afghanistan instead. My test audience has been pretty receptive. I'll do a couple more test viewings at the SF Zoo primate room and see if they continue to resist their urges to throw feces at the screen.

Hey! Great books!!!

And don't worry about the Rock movie - Silver has had it in pre-pre-pre-production for nearly 15 years now. It will never get made.