• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

Haven't seen Don in about 7 years, m'thinks. I miss ol' Don. Wish Heritage would set that dude loose for some much-deserved vacation time. Somebody needs to drag him out to SD! Don's good folks.

Here are a few more non-DC/non-Atlas Salidas.

Adding to my shame of selling the Salida War 11, I also sold the Salida Foxhole 4. :cry:

100236.jpg

Love that book, Dan. The colors and the squish graphic that expresses the moment of impact for that rifle butt are reminiscent of underground comics that came out more than a decade later.

Yeah! And check out the guys face and flower in his helmet! Just weirdo. The colors are so out of place on a war book.

The Ziff-Davis G.I. Joes crack me up. He is always grinning ear to ear as he is kicking some azz.

I'm serious about next year too, Andy. I'm going to start rolling my pennies!

Shep

I'd really like to get to SD one year. Never say never I guess, but it seems like every year there are other places I'd rather go on vacation and there isn't enough cash for both. :(

Unless, I go an entire year without buying old comics that is. :screwy:

Unless, I go an entire year without buying old comics that is. :screwy:

That's crazy talk!

I went a whole year without buying any comics back in 1988 and the beginning of 1989. I was a freshman in college and didn't have a girlfriend yet; and my collecting bug had gone into dormancy.

Pam swears to this day that those two facts--the no-girlfriend thing and the collecting dormancy thing--are not coincidental. But I'd already begun my war comics tear about 2 months BEFORE I met her. . .I just didn't feel like making any announcements, see?

That was the last time I went for a substantial period without buying comics.

Then again, we don't really do the vacation thing all that much either. . .

Hmmmm. . .wonder if it has anything to do with. . .nahh.

I just want to get this thread back on the front page of the silver section.

With my settings there are about thirty thread topics on the front page.

Twenty five of those have "Amazing Fantasy 15" or "AF 15" in title. Another is the Spider-Man collecting thread. And there is a thread about a new poster who wants to sell his Amazing Fantasy 15. :pullhair:

It is really ridiculous.

More War!

oaaw69.jpg

I just want to get this thread back on the front page of the silver section.

With my settings there are about thirty thread topics on the front page.

Twenty five of those have "Amazing Fantasy 15" or "AF 15" in title. Another is the Spider-Man collecting thread. And there is a thread about a new poster who wants to sell his Amazing Fantasy 15. :pullhair:

It is really ridiculous.

More War!

oaaw69.jpg

Too slow....tall Texan.

Sweet copy, Richard.

Certainly no shortage of Marvel threads. . .nor on Marvel Comics. . .unless you're talkin' circled 12¢ (and before) war, western, or romance. The comics and the threads are as plentiful as Arizona tourists escaping to CA in July. I always love it when the Marvel Zombies start talking about how rare ________ (insert obligatory Marvel key) is since there are only 13 copies in the 9.0 and above range on the census.

Sheeeeeeeeeeit.

Agreed, Mick. This DC yummy goodness is truly "scarce" in 9.0 and above, with often only 1 graded copy on the census. Now over time, that number will only get higher, but it still speaks volumes about the "toughness" of these books.

Andy

Agreed, Mick. This DC yummy goodness is truly "scarce" in 9.0 and above, with often only 1 graded copy on the census. Now over time, that number will only get higher, but it still speaks volumes about the "toughness" of these books.

Andy

Yep, yep. True enough, Andy. That number'll get higher (though I still maintain that there'll always be a bunch of issues that will NEVER break 7.0), but same with the census numbers on the "rare" Marvels. The Marvel numbers will increase by at least 10 for every 1 DC war book that reaches 8.5 or more. . .and I think I'm being conservative with that.

Nice Warfronts!

Lee Elias was a totally underrated war artist. He did some beautiful work on 'Blitzkrieg' and did a lovely war series called 'Kronos' in the back of Warren's Rook magazine in the late 70s/early 80s.

Shep