• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Funny Pages Vol.3 #9

12 posts in this topic

Here is some esoteric golden age for you. Fantastic eye appeal on this one, but here is the kicker. There is a 1.5" spine split that extends from the cover into all the interior pages but the centerfold. Also a 1/2" lower spine split. Cover and centerfold are still firmly attached at the staples.

funnypagesvol39.jpg

funnypagesvol39bk.jpg

Nice eye-appeal. Without the spine splits it looks to be a 5.5/6.0 book, but with splits that severe I'd have to say around a 3.0. It would also depend on how delicate the rest of the spine feels - if the slightest mishandling could result in the cover ( or worse -pages) completely seperating then more like a 2.5 at best. I've got a GA book that looks like a 6.0 at first glance - but about 50% of the spine is split at various intervals - so I consider it a 2.0.

I didn't know the Tarpe Mills did anything besides her Miss Fury strip. I guess that cover pre-dates it.

Cool book thumbsup2.gif

What's the page quality like?

Given that defect, I think a qualified grade would describe the book best, but based on a total of 20+ inches of tearing I'd have to go 2.0, 2.5 at best

Cool book thumbsup2.gif

What's the page quality like?

Given that defect, I think a qualified grade would describe the book best, but based on a total of 20+ inches of tearing I'd have to go 2.0, 2.5 at best

CR/OW pages. I try to avoid qualified grades, but I might have to consider it for this one. Without the splitting I would call thisa 5.5, maybe a 6.0 (as rjpb said).

It really is a cool book, too bad I am not the owner. frown.gif

that one would fit in nicely with my low to mid grade GGA books. are you looking at purchasing it. I'd send you some nice BA books off your want list.

I'd grade it, but then I'd give myself away (Actually I'd say 2.0-2.5 due to major spine splitting through the book.

Too bad about the spine splits all the way through. It presents very nice and described accurately will probably sell for more than actual grade if you find the right buyer/trader. Are the pages brittle (ie what caused the spine split to go all the way through.

I'd grade it, but then I'd give myself away (Actually I'd say 2.0-2.5 due to major spine splitting through the book.

Too bad about the spine splits all the way through. It presents very nice and described accurately will probably sell for more than actual grade if you find the right buyer/trader. Are the pages brittle (ie what caused the spine split to go all the way through.

No, the pages aren't brittle.

that one would fit in nicely with my low to mid grade GGA books. are you looking at purchasing it. I'd send you some nice BA books off your want list.

The book isn't mine and it definitely isn't for sale.

Thanks for the offer, but even if I did own it, the day I trade a Centaur from 1939 for bronze books is the day I check myself into the mental hospital! tongue.gifpoke2.gif