• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PHILADELPHIA - WIZARD CON - MARKET REPORT

55 posts in this topic

Yeah......what's up with all the frigging multiple quote boxes? smirk.gif

The repeated questions looked good together; I did it on purpose! Yours and greggy's intimate utterances of lust for each other showing up in infinitely repeating quote boxes...now that's just annoying. mad.gifstooges.gif

You're an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.......and that's far more annoying than any quote boxes. smirk.gif

Rui, I could not have said it better. I did not buy anything but I did also see comic's that I've only seen on websites.Dinner was great but the table was to big and you could not talk to everyone. My hat's off to Bruce for setting up the dinner. I will plan to attend the next get together in Baltimore.

Had a great time at the Wizard World East... I was there all three days, and there were definitely some great books in the room. I bought a fair amount, picked up a Cap 111 from Bob, an Avengers 100 from Ted, and a slew of other random silver/bronze books from multiple dealers. I used Sunday to go through all of the dollar boxes around the room. I found a ton of great deals and high grade bronze (commons) and modern books that I was looking for. Many were $10 and $5 books... but I had a great time looking for everything and ended up with about 100 books that I was very happy with...

One guy had a nice selection of 50s DC stuff, I didn't buy any of it, but if that's what people were looking for, there was a lot of nice stuff. Harley definitely had some nice books, but I've shyed away from 9.4s recently in favor of 8.5s to 9.2s and so I was getting some better prices elsewhere.

There were a lot of people in costumes and a lot of indy creators. I didn't stand in line to meet or get any of the signings done, but I went to a few panels which were entertaining. I actually thought the DC panel was better last year, and I was much more excited about their projects. This year I felt like DC isn't really releasing anything (aside from the GREAT idea of the Neal Adams Batman hardcover slipcase editions coming out) that I'm very excited over.

Dinner was great. I had a good time meeting the folks, and I wish I could have spent more time talking to people. Unfortunately, other than saying hello to several people, I didn't have the chance to really talk to them. Oh well... thanks to Bruce and to Steve of course for putting it all together.

Hopefully, if something materializes for Baltimore, I'll get a chance to really talk to more of you guys.

There were a lot of people in costumes and a lot of indy creators.

Dinner was great. I had a good time meeting the folks, and I wish I could have spent more time talking to people. Unfortunately, other than saying hello to several people, I didn't have the chance to really talk to them. Oh well... thanks to Bruce and to Steve of course for putting it all together.

Anyone got any pics? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sigh...fine..I'll host your pictures mad.gif

Brian

I already have them so I'll host the pics! Dammit...I wanted pics of forum members. 893offtopic1.gif

nope no pics of forum members...why waste disc space? 27_laughing.gif

insane.gif Smart man. You must have got pics of all the costumed hotties right? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif