• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Invaders FULL RUN 1-41 +Annual #1 on ebay. 9.2/9.4 NM-/NM

33 posts in this topic

I had listed an Invaders Run for sale in the Forum selling thread. I was debating how to do the sale and saw that ebay is having a one day special $.20 insertion fee today, so I have listed it there instead.

Here is a link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E%3AIT&rd=1

I purchased this lot of Invaders (1-41, and Annual#1) from Showcase New England a few years ago. The lot was listed as 9.2-9.6 in his auction. I have listed them as 9.2-9.4. I had never even taken the books out of the boxes which he shipped them in before now. I have included 2 additional books in the auction. An Avengers #71 (1st Invaders app) and Giant Size Avengers #1 (2nd Invaders app). I listed both of these in the "Please Grade My..." thread and they appear to both be VF/NM.

If anyone would like scans of any individual books, please post a message or PM me. Here are some photos of the books:

DSC00613.jpg

DSC00620.jpg

DSC00621.jpg

DSC00622.jpg

DSC00623.jpg

DSC00610.jpg

img040.jpg

img045.jpg

Along with the Invaders run there are some other nice books listed. FF 28 CGC 9.2, X-Men 94 CGC 9.2, B&B 51 CGC 9.2, A.S. Western #10 CGC 9.4. Many more.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZkagemusha7sQQhtZ-1

I love these books

VERY under-rated series!

I think I love them cause I love Superheroes kickin Nazi @$$!

I just got issue #1 GS #1 and #1 annual myself for a steal.

If I had the extra dough right now, these would be mine too!

grin.gif

YIKEESSSS is an understatement. Why not let the market decide?

The Invaders 1-41 and Annual #1 guide for about $600 in NM-.

The Avengers #71 and G.S.Avengers #1 guide for about $100 in VF/NM

That's $700 guide. What do you think would be a fair starting bid? I want to get at least $400 for the run based on what I paid and what I think they are worth. With the $.20 listing special on ebay, it's cheap enough for me to start them at this price. If they don't sell, I didn't lose much and I hold on to a great set of books that I wish I didn't have to sell anyway.

Thanks for checking out my auctions.

-Mike

Very tempting. Would you consider any trades?

I've had to (pretty much) put a stop to my buying. Have to sell books to pay for a new roof. Tired of it sometimes leaking in several places including just above my side of the bed. There are a few books that I would break down and buy/trade for if I came across them....but not many. I'm better off not finding out that you have them.

Thank you for the offer just the same,

-Mike

Why not let the market decide?

Because maybe $395 is around what he paid? Why not slab them all and sell them for 3x the amount he is asking for them now?

That may be true but it doesn't mean that is what everyone else would be willing to pay for them. Do I agree this is a great run? Absolutely. Would I like to own them? Sure. It might take longer to put this run together one book at a time but I personally, and I mean no disrespect to the seller, would not pay that much.

Regarding slabbing...unless they come back 9.4 and higher it would not be worth the initial investment or the cost to slab em.

YIKEESSSS is an understatement. Why not let the market decide?

The Invaders 1-41 and Annual #1 guide for about $600 in NM-.

The Avengers #71 and G.S.Avengers #1 guide for about $100 in VF/NM

That's $700 guide. What do you think would be a fair starting bid? I want to get at least $400 for the run based on what I paid and what I think they are worth. With the $.20 listing special on ebay, it's cheap enough for me to start them at this price. If they don't sell, I didn't lose much and I hold on to a great set of books that I wish I didn't have to sell anyway.

Thanks for checking out my auctions.

-Mike

Did not mean to knock your listing, I just expressed my opinion (thats allowed right?) Hope they sell since a leaky roof is no way to live (went through three hurricanes so I can sympathize).

Did not mean to knock your listing, I just expressed my opinion (thats allowed right?) Hope they sell since a leaky roof is no way to live (went through three hurricanes so I can sympathize).

I didn't take offense from your post, and I welcome your opinions. I actually am curious what you think a fair starting price would be. I have sold books here and there over the years, but never a run like this. It would be nice to start the auction extra low and let it generate some interest and a lot of bidders, but because I am not a person who sells a lot of auctions like this, I may not get the bids the books deserve. With the $.20 auction on ebay, as I stated before, I have very little to lose if it doesn't sell, and I am not going to lose money if it does sell.

Again, no offense taken from your post, and I hope you don't take offense from this one. I haven't done a lot of interacting with people on these boards, and this seemed like a good opportunity to do so.

Thanks again for checking out my auctions,

-Mike

Thanks for posting the Avengers 71. Very nice.

It took me about four years to put a complete high grade CGC run of Invaders together. It's the series that pulled me into collecting.

It isn't the most sought after run, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't some pretty strong interest if you put them up on e-bay.

I didn't take offense from your post, and I welcome your opinions. I actually am curious what you think a fair starting price would be. I have sold books here and there over the years, but never a run like this. It would be nice to start the auction extra low and let it generate some interest and a lot of bidders, but because I am not a person who sells a lot of auctions like this, I may not get the bids the books deserve. With the $.20 auction on ebay, as I stated before, I have very little to lose if it doesn't sell, and I am not going to lose money if it does sell.

Again, no offense taken from your post, and I hope you don't take offense from this one. I haven't done a lot of interacting with people on these boards, and this seemed like a good opportunity to do so.

Thanks again for checking out my auctions,

-Mike

As I have said in the past, this is what these forums should be about. About ten months ago I sold a very similar set (around 8.5/9.0 on average), it only netted me $122 on ebay. I was not too happy but I move alot of books. If you can sit on them for awhile then go for your starting bid. From experience I have started lots of 60 or more books at $9.99 for the last year and I have only been burned once or twice. Oddly, the lots that do not sell at $9.99 I reliest at $0.99 and they always sell for much more than i expected.

I always look at your comic offerings and will continue to do so (one day I might break down and spend some money) grin.gif