• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LAST COMIC STANDING

24 posts in this topic

Actually it wouldn't be a bad thing necessarily. After maybe ten years would then go by, and hopefully someone would start up a comic similar to the old EC titles.

That's really the only way comics could ever survive longterm - to totally meltdown, lose the adult fanboy, and then start up again with new non-fanboy creators and characters, with comics priced to the real-world market, and not what a dwindling number of addicted adult fanboys will fork over.

Adults kill every "kid hobby" they touch and the only viable solution is to take them out of the equation.

You don't think any Disney material would be there at the end? confused-smiley-013.gif

Since I took the question as focusing on the US, I refraining from mentioning Uncle Scrooge or Donald Duck. We know their publication got suspended already. World-wide, they should be a contender.

Second, with regards to Astérix and Tintin, I think the question implies new material and there hasn't been any new Tintin for a looong time and Astérix will eventually end.

You don't think any Disney material would be there at the end? confused-smiley-013.gif

Since I took the question as focusing on the US, I refraining from mentioning Uncle Scrooge or Donald Duck. We know their publication got suspended already. World-wide, they should be a contender.

Second, with regards to Astérix and Tintin, I think the question implies new material and there hasn't been any new Tintin for a looong time and Astérix will eventually end.

Yeah, I did ask whether the question was US-only but I didn't realize that it meant new material. With those restrictions, Archie makes sense -- with Big Boy or Joe Bazooka as contenders!

Jack