• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gemco13....just another scummy eBay dealer.

57 posts in this topic

ah you probably deserved it. karmic retribution for all the ridiculous *coughcough* showcase 79 *coughcough* deals you've gotten.

The Showcase 79 turned out to be a VG/F. frown.gif

yeah, but you paid like fifty cents, a couple pieces of Bazooka and a ball of string for it!

27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I think the lesson to be learned here is that the CGC Forum, especially in EBAY sales section is no longer a guarantee of forthright dealings. Everyone and their mutt is in there pimping EBAY auctions there.

I had a quick look at a few of those books - based on the large scans he put up for a few auctions, I decided they were over graded and decided to pass.

Question, did he refund your money after he received the books? Personally sounds like the guy is a bit sketchy and maybe not the sharpest knife in the drawer - but I might have held off and tried to resolve the matter through EBAY. Now each of you has 5 negs, over the miscommunication of one book - a book for which the purchase price has been refunded and the book returned. Its unfortunate. frown.gif

Question, did he refund your money after he received the books? Personally sounds like the guy is a bit sketchy and maybe not the sharpest knife in the drawer - but I might have held off and tried to resolve the matter through EBAY. Now each of you has 5 negs, over the miscommunication of one book - a book for which the purchase price has been refunded and the book returned. Its unfortunate. frown.gif

There was nothing to resolve through eBay, unless you are suggesting I shouldn't have given negs when they were clearly warranted. I don't think I have ever run across an operation run in so grabasstic a manner. The guy shouldn't be selling. Period.

Frankly, I get sick and tired of people who don't leave negs when it's deserved. All it does is make it easier for tools like this seller to push his shoddy business practices further. If no one speaks out, nothing changes. I couldn't care less about the negs. I will just make this my buying account.

Five negatives for a book that you were refunded on seems quite the overkill,especially when a quick check of his feedback shows quite a few foreumites left good feedback.

So selling VG books as 9.0s isn't something other people should know about? Wouldn't YOU want to know if you were considering buying from him?

Don't you get it? That mentality is how scammers continue to do business. Why do you think Comic Keys only has a few negs? Because people get a refund and call it a day. That's craap. Bad selling is bad selling, no matter where the money ends up. Truthfully, I probably would have let it go if the guy hadn't filed a NPB report against me AFTER I paid and AFTER he refunded me the money.

Why do you think Comic Keys only has a few negs? Because people get a refund and call it a day.

It's also because he strings out the refund process over the 90 day limit so they couldn't leave a neg even if they wanted to. Every person that I've talked to that got a refund from him (and there have been many) didn't get their money inside of 90 days from auctions end. He works the system better then anyone I know.

Look,I've dealt with the guy,numerous others have dealt with him.Yes,he overgrades,but there was a scan,wasn't there?Did you bother to look at the scan?I've bought from him on two occasions and he doesn't seem to be a rip off artists.It seems to me that he simply filled out the wrong form on ebay.Is filing a non-payment form rather than a refunded money request a capital offense,in your eyes?He's not the worlds best grader or book-keeper,but trying to compare him with known thieves is way out of line.You saw the NPB and instead of talking to him about it,you went and negged him,even for books that you were happy with.Did you end up out a single penny?Where did he rip you off?

Bottom line is this.After inspecting his books,and bidding according to the grade I think they are,I've gotten pretty good deals and will continue to do so.And I assume the other forumites that have not had any problems will do so as well.

Look,I've dealt with the guy,numerous others have dealt with him.Yes,he overgrades,but there was a scan,wasn't there?Did you bother to look at the scan?I've bought from him on two occasions and he doesn't seem to be a rip off artists.It seems to me that he simply filled out the wrong form on ebay.Is filing a non-payment form rather than a refunded money request a capital offense,in your eyes?He's not the worlds best grader or book-keeper,but trying to compare him with known thieves is way out of line.You saw the NPB and instead of talking to him about it,you went and negged him,even for books that you were happy with.Did you end up out a single penny?Where did he rip you off?

Bottom line is this.After inspecting his books,and bidding according to the grade I think they are,I've gotten pretty good deals and will continue to do so.And I assume the other forumites that have not had any problems will do so as well.

Of course I looked at the scans. One book was waterlogged and the other had brown interior covers and pages, as well as other hidden defects. As for the NPB alerts, the guy hadn't listened to a damn word I said in any of my emails, why should those be different? He couldn't keep track of his inventory, he couldn't keep track of which books I sent back, he couldn't keep track of which books I paid for. How many chances should I give him? Why should the fact that a couple forum members didn't have problems with him keep me from leaving the feedback that he deserved? I never said he ripped me off, I said his business practices suck and that he couldn't grade. Sorry that I don't want a nonpayment strike on books that I paid for.

This is the kind of rebuttal that I absolutely can't stand. People whine and [embarrassing lack of self control] that no one has the balls to leave negative feedback anymore, and when someone does they get grief for it. What a joke.

Why do you think Comic Keys only has a few negs? Because people get a refund and call it a day.

It's also because he strings out the refund process over the 90 day limit so they couldn't leave a neg even if they wanted to. Every person that I've talked to that got a refund from him (and there have been many) didn't get their money inside of 90 days from auctions end. He works the system better then anyone I know.

I thought eBay fixed that and had varying ending dates for when feedback could be left?

Five negatives for a book that you were refunded on seems quite the overkill,especially when a quick check of his feedback shows quite a few foreumites left good feedback.

So selling VG books as 9.0s isn't something other people should know about? Wouldn't YOU want to know if you were considering buying from him?

Don't you get it? That mentality is how scammers continue to do business. Why do you think Comic Keys only has a few negs? Because people get a refund and call it a day. That's craap. Bad selling is bad selling, no matter where the money ends up. Truthfully, I probably would have let it go if the guy hadn't filed a NPB report against me AFTER I paid and AFTER he refunded me the money.

So when you refer to scammers and bring Comic Keys into the equation,its because you feel he is a bad businessman,not a scammer or a thief like Ck?

I've left a few negs,and gotten a few,but I don't think negging someone that has refunded your money is justified.Now,if you'll excuse me,the testastorone here is too much. I need to go find a quiet place to enjoy my whine.

So when you refer to scammers and bring Comic Keys into the equation,its because you feel he is a bad businessman,not a scammer or a thief like Ck?

I've left a few negs,and gotten a few,but I don't think negging someone that has refunded your money is justified.Now,if you'll excuse me,the testastorone here is too much. I need to go find a quiet place to enjoy my whine.

I have no idea if he is a scammer or not and I don't need to speculate on his motives. The grades on two of the books were the product of either intentional inflation or outright incompetence. Regardless of which, it's something prospective buyers should know about, isn't it? This isn't some fly by night seller, this guy has hundreds of books he is trying to sell.

I already said I probably would have let it go if the guy hadn't accused me of keeping one book while soliciting a full refund, and then accused me of not paying in the first place. I don't understand why you are defending shoddy grading and incompetent practices, or do you think I am lying? It's fine that your transactions went well. Mine didn't. I don't see what one has to do with the other.

I guess the facts that he's had over 200 good transactions is meaningless. He sold you a book he couldn't find,overgraded two and messed up his paperwork.Total scumbag.

I don't understand why you are pushing this. My transaction was bad, it was handled in an incompetent manner and the books were overgraded, so I left a negative. What is your problem? What would you have done? Emailed him 10 more times and wasted a few more hours and hope he doesn't ignore those like he ignored the rest? Wait for him to give you an unpaid item strike for books that were paid for and returned? Do you know this guy personally or something?

Whatever, I am done with this argument. Don't worry, I won't bother to post any future bad experiences with eBayers since it pissses people off so much when negatives are left. I guess the only thing that deserves a negative is when someone out and out steals from you.

...and people wonder why eBay is like the wild west. When you set the bar that low you are asking for dopes like this seller to get away with everything that isn't theft.

Whatever, I am done with this argument. Don't worry, I won't bother to post any future bad experiences with eBayers since it pissses people off so much when negatives are left. I guess the only thing that deserves a negative is when someone out and out steals from you.

...and people wonder why eBay is like the wild west. When you set the bar that low you are asking for dopes like this seller to get away with everything that isn't theft.

ah, don't let it get to you. if i had seen this thread earlier, i would have told you how much i appreciated the lowdown.

eyes open, that sort of thing.

not really sure what other forumites experiences have to do with your transaction. maybe in the future you should conduct a poll to determine the type of feedback you leave. maybe we should all do it.

from here on out, no matter how good or how poor your experience - the your mileage may vary maxim is kicking in right about now - you should run it by the General forum for input and feedback approval. it'll be like one giant ebay collective let loose on the world