• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legitimate Non-Threatening Questions Posed To Matt Nelson

719 posts in this topic

Got a pm from Mr Nelson the other day. He said he'd be happy to answer whatever questions I had.

My question-Do you use arseman as an ebay account name.

His answer-What does that have to do with pressing?

Mark in the court of law...is that a guilty sign? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif based on your experience

Got a pm from Mr Nelson the other day. He said he'd be happy to answer whatever questions I had.

Mark in the court of law...is that a guilty sign? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif based on your experience

5th Amendment right not to incriminate oneself. Just because the person doesn't take the stand doesn't mean he is guilty, but it does permit an inference for the jury.

Actually,I got a PM from Mr Nelson yesterday saying he has answered this question repeatedly,and won't talk about it further.He stated that he is not arseman and that he already posted that. Anyone know where he posted it?

I might have missed it,but kind of doubt it.

5th Amendment right not to incriminate oneself. Just because the person doesn't take the stand doesn't mean he is guilty, but it does permit an inference for the jury.

In a criminal trial the jury is not allowed to infer anything as a result of the witness asserting a fifth amendment right not to testify and the jury is usually so instructed. poke2.gifwink.gif

In a criminal trial the jury is not allowed to infer anything as a result of the witness asserting a fifth amendment right not to testify and the jury is usually so instructed. poke2.gifwink.gif

Yea, but they still do. gossip.gifpoke2.gif

In a civil trial, they are specifically allowed to infer something incriminating, if I recall correctly.

On the civil side, it's an issue of state constitutional law whether an inference can be drawn. He said "is it a guilty sign?" though, which means criminal, and you said "permits an inference," which isn't really the case. You are correct that a jury may infer something from the exercise of fifth amendment rights, but they're violating 40 years of constitutional doctrine when they do.

In a civil trial, they are specifically allowed to infer something incriminating, if I recall correctly.

On the civil side, it's an issue of state constitutional law whether an inference can be drawn. He said "is it a guilty sign?" though, which means criminal, and you said "permits an inference," which isn't really the case. You are correct that a jury may infer something from the exercise of fifth amendment rights, but they're violating 40 years of constitutional doctrine when they do.

Understood. We are addressing the differences between the legal application and reality.

OJ Simpson was criminally not guilty "beyond a reasonable doubt" of the murder of his wife, but found "guilty" of the same act in a civil lawsuit through the standard of "more likely than not."

Which standard applies to comic books? I'll let everyone decide that for themselves.

Actually,I got a PM from Mr Nelson yesterday saying he has answered this question repeatedly,and won't talk about it further.He stated that he is not arseman and that he already posted that. Anyone know where he posted it?

Uh, yeah . . . I kinda missed it too grin.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Funny how the search engine misses it too . . . wink.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Funny how the search engine misses it too . . . wink.gif

Yeah, but surely there's no problem if his response is undetectable? confused-smiley-013.gif

That IS the standard that all things are held to, isn't it? yeahok.gif

Yeah, but surely there's no problem if his response is undetectable? confused-smiley-013.gif

That IS the standard that all things are held to, isn't it? yeahok.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

and since he never joined NOD, he doesnt have to say where he answered it. foreheadslap.gif