• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long live the Reprints

55 posts in this topic

I thought the Silver Forum would be a good place for this even though many reprints occured in the Bronze age they still reprinted many Silver stories.

1280923-fm01.jpg

I bought copies of these right from the newstands when they came out. I don't think I'd ever been exposed to Ditko's five page scifi masterpieces before. That amphibious creature popping it's head out of the water seared my brain, and still does! 893whatthe.gif

And I still think "I found the things from nowhere" is as good as any of the best Twilight Zone episodes.

Great idea for a thread, Mica! One of the fist comics I ever read was one my brother bought: Marvel Tales 25, which reprinted the first two chapters of the three-part ASM arc of the Master Planner (ASM 31 and 32) which ends in the cliffhanger with Spidey buried under all those tons of machinery as the seawater rushes in and Aunt May's life hangs in the balance! That was Silver Age Marvel at its finest....

It took me a long time to get a copy of the story to ASM 33, where he gets himself out of that jam! cloud9.gif

One of my personal faves:

MSH1.jpg

Strange Tales Annual 1: the FIRST pre-hero reprints! yay.gif

1283376-STA-1-75%28SW%29.jpg

Up until a couple of years ago, I had never even seen a copy of this book. I love that cover and the Monster Hit Parade!