• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quick Question -- House of Secrets # 92

36 posts in this topic

Figured I'd post here since its technically for sale, kind of confused-smiley-013.gif. Anyway, please let me know the approx value of this book with the color touch (both bottom corners and a little on top right -- basic felt tip) and what it would be without (I thought chance at 9.0)

Thanks in advance thumbsup2.gif

hos92_back.jpg

hos92_front.jpg

i'll give you six dollars American for it

foreheadslap.gif Maybe I should have BW sign it at the next Wizard World Texas show and get it slabbed confused-smiley-013.gif You think I could beat a 7.0 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

ROFL! sign-funnypost.gif

I hear Sal has a nice head start on a collection of those.

This would be his grail book, just missing the yellow label. Or does a restored signed book still get a yellow label? Or a special "yellow and purple stripe" label that if held up to the light you can make out the letters "d u f u s" 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This would be his grail book, just missing the yellow label. Or does a restored signed book still get a yellow label? Or a special "yellow and purple stripe" label that if held up to the light you can make out the letters "d u f u s" 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

I am 90% sure the purple trumps the yellow.

27_laughing.gif

I am 90% sure the purple trumps the yellow.

That is correct, sir.

you're an evil 893censored-thumb.gif you know that? god forbid there should be a Hot Book Disaster next thursday at setup

you're an evil 893censored-thumb.gif you know that? god forbid there should be a Hot Book Disaster next thursday at setup

Ah come on..... where's that sense of humor confused-smiley-013.gif I've got a ST #1 I can trim for you that has a chance at 7.0 poke2.gif

I think your question can be answered by saying its worth less then a universal blue book in the same grade. Unfortunately that's as close as you can get without placing the book up for sale and seeing what the bidders offer. I myself don't mind (slightly) color touched books as they go for cheaper prices and they look just as good to my nekid eye. But I know alot of collectors who think any type of color touch is an absolute no for their collection even if that means they have to settle with a book 2 grades lower.

I think your question can be answered by saying its worth less then a universal blue book in the same grade. Unfortunately that's as close as you can get without placing the book up for sale and seeing what the bidders offer. I myself don't mind (slightly) color touched books as they go for cheaper prices and they look just as good to my nekid eye. But I know alot of collectors who think any type of color touch is an absolute no for their collection even if that means they have to settle with a book 2 grades lower.

OK makes sense to me... and I'm sure the rest of you aren't mind readers. So here's the deal.....

Felt book was an easy 9.0 and a steal at 1/2 guide. Was going to put in the personal collection but noticed the color touch before putting in mylar.

Getting my $$$ back is no problem, but I still like the book to some extent so I was wondering what its value would be. If it was $50, $100, whatever. But if someone wants it for what I paid, I would probably take it, just to save a step. I want to know retail value so I can make a counter offer to original dealer, assuming nobody want it here.

I just didn't want to post that, as I'm not well versed in the ways of color touched bronze keys. And we see enough overpriced junk on here day to day as it is. I seriously doubt its worth 1/2 guide now, but I really don't know.

Ah come on..... where's that sense of humor confused-smiley-013.gif I've got a ST #1 I can trim for you that has a chance at 7.0 poke2.gif

FREE HOT BOOKS AT THE FINECOMICS BOOTH AT HEROES.

just wait for the hefty guy that smells like an ashtray to leave and the slim darkhaired dude will take care of you

I can't imagine accepting a felt-tip color-touched book for my collection at any price . . . I consider it defacing. sumo.gif

. . . why you might just as well buy a "signature series" book devil.gifforeheadslap.gif

OK makes sense to me... and I'm sure the rest of you aren't mind readers. So here's the deal.....

Felt book was an easy 9.0 and a steal at 1/2 guide. Was going to put in the personal collection but noticed the color touch before putting in mylar.

Getting my $$$ back is no problem, but I still like the book to some extent so I was wondering what its value would be. If it was $50, $100, whatever. But if someone wants it for what I paid, I would probably take it, just to save a step. I want to know retail value so I can make a counter offer to original dealer, assuming nobody want it here.

I just didn't want to post that, as I'm not well versed in the ways of color touched bronze keys. And we see enough overpriced junk on here day to day as it is. I seriously doubt its worth 1/2 guide now, but I really don't know.

I doubt you could get 50% of guide now. First off, HOS 92 is already overvalued in the guide. Second, resto on a bronze book really is the kiss of death. It's not like it's a hard book to find. I would think 25-35% of guide would be fair. Sorry. frown.gif

I doubt you could get 50% of guide now. First off, HOS 92 is already overvalued in the guide. Second, resto on a bronze book really is the kiss of death. It's not like it's a hard book to find. I would think 25-35% of guide would be fair. Sorry. frown.gif

Finally, some decent feedback hail.gif

So a reasonable price for this would be around $150?

Finally, some decent feedback hail.gif

So a reasonable price for this would be around $150?

I think that's a good starting point. It's pretty hard to standardize the values of restored raw bronze books. Talk about a volatile market. I could see that book cracking $200 one week and getting no bids at $75 the next. Are you planning to put it on eBay? I could also see that book selling well at a show.