• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quick Question -- House of Secrets # 92

36 posts in this topic

I can also tell you that I personally wouldn't pay more than $100 for it, but I am sure I am at the lower end of the spectrum.

No ebay. I paid $300 assuming there was no color touch which seems like it was a good buy now (if it was unrestored). It was a pure impulse buy, and I planned to keep. I can recover the $300 with no problems, but because the book is so nice I wanted to know an estimated value, so I could say something to the effect of "Just give me $200 back and I'll keep it" Not sure if that would work or not, but I thought it was worth a minimum of $50 in present condition.

I can also tell you that I personally wouldn't pay more than $100 for it, but I am sure I am at the lower end of the spectrum.

No ebay. I paid $300 assuming there was no color touch which seems like it was a good buy now (if it was unrestored). It was a pure impulse buy, and I planned to keep. I can recover the $300 with no problems, but because the book is so nice I wanted to know an estimated value, so I could say something to the effect of "Just give me $200 back and I'll keep it" Not sure if that would work or not, but I thought it was worth a minimum of $50 in present condition.

I would ask for $200 or $150 back and if he doesn't give in just return it. NO WAY is that book worth keeping for what you actually paid.

I would ask for $200 or $150 back and if he doesn't give in just return it. NO WAY is that book worth keeping for what you actually paid.

Agreed, thanks for the help. thumbsup2.gif It is a 893censored-thumb.gif shame about CT on this book as it really didn't need it. frustrated.gif

okay, seven dollars.

but that's my last offer

Are you really coming back for more? makepoint.gif

i'll throw in a carton of Marlboro Lights and a gallon of Smirnoff vodka for your brother

If it helps there is a CGC graded 8.0 with a PLOD on ebay at $49.99 with no bids so far.

Another serious feedback. thumbsup2.gif Although let me add a few things

1. Auction has been live for less than 3 hours

2. Reserve Not Met

CGC 8.0 PLOD HOS #92

Found another HOS 92 PLOD. This one is on comiclink. It should give you a better idea of the value at least one person is willing to put on the book.

HOS 92

If it helps there is a CGC graded 8.0 with a PLOD on ebay at $49.99 with no bids so far.

Another serious feedback. thumbsup2.gif Although let me add a few things

1. Auction has been live for less than 3 hours

2. Reserve Not Met

CGC 8.0 PLOD HOS #92

Found another HOS 92 PLOD. This one is on comiclink. It should give you a better idea of the value at least one person is willing to put on the book.

HOS 92

Cool Thanks thumbsup2.gif I'll be watching the ebay one to see what happens.

okay, seven dollars.

but that's my last offer

i'll throw in a carton of Marlboro Lights and a gallon of Smirnoff vodka for your brother

I think big Spence is an Absolute guy, although at last poker event he stuck with beer 893whatthe.gif and was nowhere near as entertaining.

And believe it or not, I've put the sticks down. Christo_pull_hair.gif

okay, seven dollars.

but that's my last offer

I think big Spence is an Absolute guy, although at last poker event he stuck with beer 893whatthe.gif and was nowhere near as entertaining.

And believe it or not, I've put the sticks down. Christo_pull_hair.gif

suh-weet. so you wanna go running with us Sat morning? i think it's going to be 9 miles. fun will be had by all, in addition to the vomiting and dehydration

suh-weet. so you wanna go running with us Sat morning? i think it's going to be 9 miles. fun will be had by all, in addition to the vomiting and dehydration

Are your CPR certifications up to date?

come on. you will faint from heat exhaustion long before any cpr is necessary

come on. you will faint from heat exhaustion long before any cpr is necessary

doubtful, more likely is after 3 miles I would just explode.