• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age comic book lot *DELETED*

57 posts in this topic

Hello Jarren.

Firstly, Welcome to the boards. Always good to have someone new here.

Now for your auction.

The picures on your E-bay auction are poor. When selling items of this $$$ value board members would usualy like to see large clear pictures so that they can grade them easily.

Your auction states that the books are worth a little over $6000

This equates to about $150 dollars per book. From what I can see the books may grade in the VG to FN range which equates to a book value of around $15-50 per book or a book value of roughly $600 - $1200 for the lot.

Can you explain how you got the figure of $6000. We may be able to help you out with dtermining a good price & learn more & more about grading.

You also need to be aware that at the low end of the grading scale many people including some dealers on the boards often sell at 30%-50% below book value.

I am not trying to be smart. Merely let you know that most savy board members may be able to pick up this lot for a total value of roughly $300-$600 tops. A 90% discount on your BIN price.

I hope that you continue to visit the boards as the more people the better. Just take a look around the forum selling section & you will see how to market your books a little better.

Hope this helps.

Russ... popcorn.gif

that does help I thank you so much That however also shot me down big time I was very sure that was a good deal. I looked up each comic individually and it was over 6000, I reduced the price and if I go any lower I will lose money. I have much to learn about grading it seems...:(

that does help I thank you so much That however also shot me down big time I was very sure that was a good deal. I looked up each comic individually and it was over 6000, I reduced the price and if I go any lower I will lose money. I have much to learn about grading it seems...:(

Dont worry about it.

You will find that some of the high rollers around here have lost many thousands of dollars on a single book in the past.

Can you tell me how you looked up the books? Most people refer to the Overstreet grading guide for raw book data.

Is it possible that you are using the NearMint price for each of your books?

Regards,

Russ... popcorn.gif

I used the Comic Book Checklist and price guide with the help of Comics Buyers Guide. And I now know I made the mistake of using the near mint price guide. A big mistake I will be losing money on this one if it even sells. But it's a learning experience

Live & learn. confused-smiley-013.gif

But you came to the right place for that! thumbsup2.gif

Stick around and you'll learn a lot about many things. Check out the "Buddy can you spare a grade" forum. You can post scans there & get grading feedback. thumbsup2.gif

All the other forums can help you with special interest items, Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age, ect.

yay.gifWelcome to the Boards! yay.gif

gossip.gif Hope I was not too harse on you before, I was in the middle of some "Mad" bidding on some Skywald magazines.......which you should also check out the Marketplace Forum only selling, to buy nice books from other forum members here. Much better than buying off Ebay! thumbsup2.gif

hi.gifflowerred.gif

This is Exhibit A of how out of touch with reality Overstreet is.

Total price for Jarren's books in fine is $2548 893whatthe.gif. Real retail for these books is probably less than half of that. Superboy 68, for example, guides at $168 in fine. Good luck getting that - this one, which is probably in around the grade of Jarren's, sold for $34.99 last week.

Jarren, I hope that you didn't pay a lot for these books. If you did, and can't get your money back mad.gif from the person who took advantage of you, your best bet is to sell them individually, not as a lot, and have MUCH better scans. Some of the books in there are very nice - all of the 10 cent DCs, for example, but the Marvels are a dime a dozen.

Your starting bid is just under Fine Overstreet for the lot combined, and there's no way anybody is going to bid that amount

gossip.gif Post scans of your books to be graded in the "Buddy, can you spare a grade" forum. Then list them in the Market Place Forum, Forum Member sales" and ask for highest bid. Just my suggestion.

you guys are great I need to learn the hard way cause it's reality. I will look to buy from here

We recently had a "Top Forum Graders" thread.......it's around here somewhere (somebody who's not having wobbledy-pops pull up a link, please.)

You'll see some mighty tight graders there to buy from. thumbsup2.gif

ComicSupply that was harsh I already feel bad.

Flyin Donut thats another dagger to my heart but thanks for doing that research for me it is much appreciated great advice