• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pirates plunder the box office

32 posts in this topic

There's nothing wrong with not liking the sport. I presonally feel the same way about watching golf, or even Baseball (unless it's the playoffs or I'm at the game). It doesn't mean I'm right or wrong, but just my personal opinion.

As far as scoring is concerned, you could have a 4-3 soccer match that is played terribly by both teams, while a 1-0 game is really exciting. Just like Baseball, the score doesn't dictate how the game is played. Are there some 0-0 snoozers where both teams go into a shell..........absolutely, but they're not all like that.

As far as the head butt is concerned, I'm sure if Shaq did that to Dirk in game 7 with 6 minutes left, we'd be talking about that as well. smile.gif

I realize every sport isn't for everyone and it's about personal opinion. That's obiously all I'm giving here, since soccer is such a hugely popular sport in much of the world. I watch some football and basketball and that's about it. And yet, if someone flips the channel to baseball, skiing, Nascar, motocross, bowling, poker, womens golf, gymnastics, senior citizens shuffleboard, or whatever, I can watch all of these easier than I can try to sit through a soccer match. insane.gif

(edited to add the "insane" graemlin I forgot to attach). crazy.gif

Hey What's a pirates favorite NY train line? The Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

Funny, no?

FORZA ITALIA!!!!!!

ITALY WINS THE WORLD CUP!!!!

I AM A HAPPY PERSON FOR 4 YEARS!

V

Amen!!! FORZA ITALIA!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

There's nothing wrong with not liking the sport. I presonally feel the same way about watching golf, or even Baseball (unless it's the playoffs or I'm at the game). It doesn't mean I'm right or wrong, but just my personal opinion.

As far as scoring is concerned, you could have a 4-3 soccer match that is played terribly by both teams, while a 1-0 game is really exciting. Just like Baseball, the score doesn't dictate how the game is played. Are there some 0-0 snoozers where both teams go into a shell..........absolutely, but they're not all like that.

As far as the head butt is concerned, I'm sure if Shaq did that to Dirk in game 7 with 6 minutes left, we'd be talking about that as well. smile.gif

I realize every sport isn't for everyone and it's about personal opinion. That's obiously all I'm giving here, since soccer is such a hugely popular sport in much of the world. I watch some football and basketball and that's about it. And yet, if someone flips the channel to baseball, skiing, Nascar, motocross, bowling, poker, womens golf, gymnastics, senior citizens shuffleboard, or whatever, I can watch all of that easier than I can try to sit through a soccer match.

Again, there's nothing wrong with what you just stated. Many of my friends feel the same way you do........although not to that exteme smile.gif. For instance, even though they hate the sport, they'd still prefer watching some good looking female soccer fans cheering than the senior shuffleboard, but I get your point. thumbsup2.gif

Again, there's nothing wrong with what you just stated. Many of my friends feel the same way you do........although not to that exteme smile.gif. For instance, even though they hate the sport, they'd still prefer watching some good looking female soccer fans cheering than the senior shuffleboard, but I get your point. thumbsup2.gif

Well, now...the good looking female fans are a whole different story. And I might have been exaggerting a bit on the senior citizen shuffleboard point...and possibly the womens golf as well. shy.gif

Well, now...the good looking female fans are a whole different story. And I might have been exaggerting a bit on the senior citizen shuffleboard point...and possibly the womens golf as well. shy.gif

27_laughing.gif

1 billion people would disagree. wink.gif

About the same number who eat bugs, so follow their lead on that too!!

If you want to, then go ahead.

Pick up the ball and run for the endzone. Christo_pull_hair.gif

That's obiously all I'm giving here, since soccer is such a hugely popular sport in much of the world.

But much of the world is poor, and soccer is the simplest game ever invented. You just need a ball, or even (like that Nike commerical) a ball-like item, and you're off to the races.

It has nothing to do with quality or watchability, but that virtually anyone can play, anywhere and anytime. That's the key to its world-wide popularity, but that does not make it a prime spectator sport any more than fishing is.

That's obiously all I'm giving here, since soccer is such a hugely popular sport in much of the world.

But much of the world is poor, and soccer is the simplest game ever invented. You just need a ball, or even (like that Nike commerical) a ball-like item, and you're off to the races.

It has nothing to do with quality or watchability, but that virtually anyone can play, anywhere and anytime. That's the key to its world-wide popularity, but that does not make it a prime spectator sport any more than fishing is.

Fishing cloud9.gif

This is true...which is why I'm off to watch my Divebombers play in the popular Dodgeball semi-finals. stooges.gif

Hey What's a pirates favorite NY train line? The Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

Funny, no?

FORZA ITALIA!!!!!!

ITALY WINS THE WORLD CUP!!!!

I AM A HAPPY PERSON FOR 4 YEARS!

V

vorza itialia! viva italia! congrats vinny! acclaim.gif

Except that soccer here in the US is more popular with suburban kids (who come from higher income families) than with inner city kids. That being said, I do realize your point was about watchability and not the playing itself. Soccer is a real fun sport for kids to be a part of, and should be encouraged.