• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phoenix Cactus Comicon 2006

41 posts in this topic

Coastline Comics came over from San Diego to do this show and I must say we were very impressed with the large fan turnout and the obvious great lengths that Matt and his staff went to in putting this con on. Load-in was easy, booths were easy to set-up and tear down, the hotel con rate was the lowest we paid this year and most importantly, he brought the crowd in. Frankly, we had a great show and we were quick to sign-up for the January show before we left on Sunday.

End caps were totally sold-out at this show and we had a large presence at this show which we were quick to lock-up for the January show. Frankly, the move to January (being at the beginning of the con season) is genius compared to having the con again in September. My experience shows quite to the contrary that having the show a month after Christmas is more then enough time for the average fanboy to recover their convention spending budgets. With the guest list that Matt has already confirmed for January, the movement to a 3-day schedule, and the great January Phoenix weather, I am very confident that the show will be nothing short of spectacular.

Thanks again for all the buyers both from the CGC boards and elsewhere who came by our booth to say hi and pick up their modern comic purchases. We sold a lot of CGC 9.8 Civil War issues and we went through 5 boxes of very high-quality $1 dealer stock. To all of you who were in attendance this year, please note that Coastline Comics will be back in January and have completely new, Bronze and Modern Age seeded dollar books for the viewing.