• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with eBayer valnstevez.aol please.

32 posts in this topic

Anyone know this fellow? I won an auction from him on the 10th of July. I sent him an email asking him to clairify his shipping cost to Canada and I get an email back from him telling me how to pay him thru Paypal if it's being shipped in the USA.

I ask him for a total at least once every two days and so far I just get canned responses that have very little to do with my questions.

Maybe he's on holiday?

Anyways, his auction indicates "The cost for modern size 11" by 17" comic book art or animation art will start at $18. $12 to Canada." I should assume that is $18 PLUS $12 and just mail him out a money order?

Thanks,

Ubie X

Heh, reading his auctions I always assumed it was 12.00 to Canada. NOT 30.00. I think right before that sentence it says something about International shipping. That's why I assumed it was always 18.00 Internationally and 12.00 to us in Canada.

On another note do you really want to send him any money after 2 weeks? I'm dealing with kstrib on ebay that I won a page from last Sunday and I've emailed him 3 times including through ebay once and have yet to hear anything from him. Even if he contacted me now I doubt I'd send payment. Some sellers. Sheesh.

You should also do a search for valnstevez in the forums. It's actually 2 brothers, the Donnellys I think.

He has the worst auction layout i've ever seen - if it wasn't for feedback, i'd think it a scam.

if this deal goes through, i may reassess my opinion of him. smile.gif

I made a rather big trade with Steve Donnelly (valnstevez.aol) just a few weeks ago and it was pleasant and he's very honest. You can trust them. Sure, they don't automatically reply to emails, but he is honest and a good guy.

I bought a piece off of him recently and everything went smooth transaction wise though the piece was rather "under" described regarding faults or stats. It should be fine.On a side note, when I was a kid I would occasionally go to his comic store and there would be literally piles of OA everywhere. I wish I cared back then.

They had a page up that I was interested in, but I thought it was a little over priced so I didn't bid. The auction ended with no bids. They relisted the page at the same price, that auction ended with no bids. They listed it a 3rd time at the same price and I e-mailed an offer that was only about $50 less then their asking price. No response. The auction ended with no bids.

4th times the charm? They list it again, same "slightly too high" price, I resend my offer, no response. Auction ends with no bids. I gave up at that point only to find that some weeks later that they relisted it at my offer price and it sold with one bid. foreheadslap.gif

I no longer even look at any of their auctions. They may be the nicest, most honest guys on the planet, but they are also insufficiently_thoughtful_persons.

yeah, i bought stuff from them in the past. took a long time to get to me, didn't respond to e-mails, etc. but it came and was as described. they probably get flooded with so many e-mails they just don't want to pay attention to them.

I would never deal with the Donnelly's via mail order. I live in Canada & had to harass them for 5 months before I got a $50 Fiction House art page. Yet they still sent me the wrong genre of art after weeks of faxing & phone calls every week. Could not be bothered to return the wrong art, as I figured it would take another 6 months to get a credit slip from those buggers.

I filed a written complaint to Bob Overstreet & the Comics Buyer's Guide against the Donelly's dba San Mateo Art Gallery in CA, USA.

They always set up in San Diego Comic-con, so u could choose & negotiate price in person. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I have just completed a major trade with Coolinesart (Steve Donnelly) and it went off without a hitch. He and his brother Rich seem like great guys both thru emails and on the phone. I am like a giddy little kid with my new Grail pickup!

1334521-Avengers166splash.jpg.721f804b2c313b62f00b3c51559a6871.jpg

Well ....

60+ days since auction close.

Almost 50 days since I paid blindly (the delay in paying is cause I never got an email response to my questions about shipping to Canada).

No package.

Did a tour of his feedback Toolhaus.org for valnstevez.aol he would have just negged me right back if I negged him.

I'm beginning to lose hope. At least it was an inexpensive page ...

Ubie X