• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone attend the NOD panel at SD Con?

112 posts in this topic

Mark, don't know you, never met you, but I have great respect, and appreciation for simply the ATTEMPT you are making. It WOULD be better for the hobby, and counter-balance an industry run rampantly wild in crime.

I'm a noob, so I haven't had the time to read, and filter, all the posts regarding this subject as of yet, but I will in time. We need more guys like you and Brent, who have some power and pull, that can actually make headway regarding certain current protocols. Good luck, and God's speed my man 893applaud-thumb.gif

headbang.gif

Mark, don't know you, never met you, but I have great respect, and appreciation for simply the ATTEMPT you are making. It WOULD be better for the hobby, and couter-balance an industry run rampantly wild in crime.

I'm a noob, so I haven't had the time to read, and filter, all the posts regarding this subject as of yet, but I will in time. We need more guys like you and Brent, who have some power and pull, that can actually make headway regarding certain current protocols. Good luck, and God's speed my man 893applaud-thumb.gif

headbang.gif

Totally agree.

Although....I don't like the idea of a '2-party system', and choose to remain INDEPENDENT myself.

Mark, don't know you, never met you, but I have great respect, and appreciation for simply the ATTEMPT you are making. It WOULD be better for the hobby, and couter-balance an industry run rampantly wild in crime.

headbang.gif

Totally agree.

Although....I don't like the idea of a '2-party system', and choose to remain INDEPENDENT myself.

Me too. gossip.gif

Just started work on my 1st article for The Handbook.

'Value, Structure & the Manipulation that Threatens to End Their Long-Standing Relationship' wink.gif

sounds wordy. will there be pictures?

That being said, I would be surprised if many of those who had attended the panel discussion in SD had ever read the Mission Statement yet the issue of pressing was repeatedly singled out. I do not recall anyone even mentioning the Mission Statement. It was not read from nor handed out. Brent merely read down the list of "methods" that NOD required to be disclosed.

...Yeah,..Week Two in business school,...right after they learned you "Greed is Good" and what a "Mission Statement" is, taught you never go to a meeting without doing your homework,...why wouldn't have everybody at the meeting read over your business plan model?,...I know I did,...how else could I make rational and educated conclusions unless I knew what you were all about?,....I don't think I was the only one who did so, so please give your audience a little credit,...after all the "Little Lulu Seminar" next door was very interesting,...I would have loved to see that,..she gets into the most hilarious pickles,... 27_laughing.gif....God I love her !!...but it was the same time as your panel and I chose you,...and so did a lot of other people there,...

That being said, I would be surprised if many of those who had attended the panel discussion in SD had ever read the Mission Statement yet the issue of pressing was repeatedly singled out. I do not recall anyone even mentioning the Mission Statement. It was not read from nor handed out. Brent merely read down the list of "methods" that NOD required to be disclosed.

...Yeah,..Week Two in business school,...right after they learned you "Greed is Good" and what a "Mission Statement" is, taught you never go to a meeting without doing your homework,...why wouldn't have everybody at the meeting read over your business plan model?,...I know I did,...how else could I make rational and educated conclusions unless I knew what you were all about?,....I don't think I was the only one who did so, so please give your audience a little credit,...after all the "Little Lulu Seminar" next door was very interesting,...I would have loved to see that,..she gets into the most hilarious pickles,... 27_laughing.gif....God I love her !!...but it was the same time as your panel and I chose you,...and so did a lot of other people there,...

Rock, keep in mind I said "many", not all. You are clearly in that other category which speaks volumes. I certainly know of others in the audience who certainly read the Mission Statement. In any event, the question of preparation really wasn't the issue I think you were raising, it was why - in my personal opinion - the Mission Statement was worded in the way it was, which it what I opined on.

BTW, I certainly appreciated you dissing Little Lulu for the panel!!!! flowerred.gif893applaud-thumb.gif