• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Alan Moore Runs

First Place Alan Moore Run  

249 members have voted

1. 1. First Place Alan Moore Run

26 posts in this topic

For me it's The Killing Joke, although Bolland deserves equal kudos.

When you can write a definitive story about a character from the Big Two that had been around for around 50 years and has the history the Joker has, then you have really accomplished something.

I dare say that Moore even made Supreme a damn good read, which might even say more. thumbsup2.gif

I also wanted to add I really loved his Top 10 (for his America's Best Comics).I just think in an era where many try to find there niche, here is a comics that has a mix of satire but tackles issues in a natural - not chiding - manner and thus is able to have a very entertaining long view but also bares some social relevance under closer scrutiny. I think all quality comics do this but Moore seems particularly adept at it in an era where *spoon* like Civil War thrives and actually gets discussed (a lot) with vigor as a topic that one would associate with accompany a series that was written with the least bit of competence. I have also liked the way that Moore does this numerous times in Superhero books that allows such comparisons to be made to higher profile series, not ever withdrawing from that part of the medium.

Really good Superhero (or Super Power - to the extreme ) comics to read IMHO.

His three Superman issues blow away anything else he's done since Swamp Thing. Although his Supreme was damn good,as well.

Superman Annual #11 has been highly recommended by several members. It's on my list to read just haven't gotten to it yet.