• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago -- Thursday night get-together?

23 posts in this topic

Who will be around on Preview Night (Thursday)?

Anyone interested in getting together after the preview night is over? I beleive it runs 4 - 7 pm. Perfect timing to somewhere for food and drinks.... poke2.gif

I'll be around. Dan and I will be prowling the show floor, I believe. I'll be doing some buying for once yay.gif

October, Pedigreeman and I will be set up for the weekend. Sharp Comics, booth 1233 across from Moondog Gary. I'm sure the boys would be up for a beverage after the long day insane.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Sounds great -- I'll be sniffing around the floor too, so I'm sure I'll run into a lot of you there -- but for convenience's sake, let's meet in the Bar across the street at Gibsons around 7:30 or so to give people time to clear out of their booths and have a single centralized meeting point.

Any suggestions of places to grab a bite or further drinks? We can just grab a big table at Gibsons (depending on how many people show), but since the Forum dinner is gonna be there Saturday we can do something else more low key (Dogs or pizza?). I don't get down to the Convention Center area much so I'm not sure what all is nearby.

But regardless of where we go, I'm looking forward to it!

headbang.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Sounds great -- I'll be sniffing around the floor too, so I'm sure I'll run into a lot of you there -- but for convenience's sake, let's meet in the Bar across the street at Gibsons around 7:30 or so to give people time to clear out of their booths and have a single centralized meeting point.

Any suggestions of places to grab a bite or further drinks? We can just grab a big table at Gibsons (depending on how many people show), but since the Forum dinner is gonna be there Saturday we can do something else more low key (Dogs or pizza?). I don't get down to the Convention Center area much so I'm not sure what all is nearby.

headbang.gif

The past couple of years, Rob, myself and a bunch of dealers have ended up at RAM, which is a brewpub/burger joint up the street a little on Lee/72. Its nice, has big TVs for watching the White Sox lose thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif and good beer.

October, Pedigreeman and I will be set up for the weekend. Sharp Comics, booth 1233 across from Moondog Gary. I'm sure the boys would be up for a beverage after the long day insane.gif

makepoint.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

headbang.gif

The past couple of years, Rob, myself and a bunch of dealers have ended up at RAM, which is a brewpub/burger joint up the street a little on Lee/72. Its nice, has big TVs for watching the White Sox lose thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif and good beer.

And then after THAT I go to Knuckles and get properly drunk!

893applaud-thumb.gif

headbang.gif

And then after THAT I go to Knuckles and get properly drunk!

The Ram sounds perfect -- there's one in my neck of the burbs but I didn't know there was one near the convention center. Sounds like a perfect warmup for Knuckles.... thumbsup2.gif

"The Ram sounds perfect -- there's one in my neck of the burbs but I didn't know there was one near the convention center."

It can't be much more than a mile from the convention center.

"The Ram sounds perfect -- there's one in my neck of the burbs but I didn't know there was one near the convention center."

Great -- sounds like a plan -- should we meet at Gibsons at 7:30 and then roll to the Ram in case people need rides? I'll bring my SUV so I can take some people. thumbsup2.gif

Great -- sounds like a plan -- should we meet at Gibsons at 7:30 and then roll to the Ram in case people need rides? I'll bring my SUV so I can take some people. thumbsup2.gif

Sounds like a plan to me.

I would love to come but I think I have dinner with a client and a few artist I know.

Hey Kris -- got my pass for Thursday? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hey Steve, You should have told me. I could have gotten another one. makepoint.gif Received TTA the other day and it looks great. Thanks thumbsup2.gif

I would love to come but I think I have dinner with a client and a few artist I know.

Hey Kris -- got my pass for Thursday? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hey Steve, You should have told me. I could have gotten another one. makepoint.gif Received TTA the other day and it looks great. Thanks thumbsup2.gif

Thanks -- Kris got one for me though thumbsup2.gif

See you Thursday!

yay.gif