• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comiccollectors.net catalog

57 posts in this topic

hmm..DC must not be as hot as Marvel titles.. either that or he's reserving books for someone other than me.. I called on 4 ASMs, 2 Caps, and 1 of the Avenger books.. 0-7 frown.gif

Brian

hmm..DC must not be as hot as Marvel titles.. either that or he's reserving books for someone other than me.. I called on 4 ASMs, 2 Caps, and 1 of the Avenger books.. 0-7 frown.gif

Brian

I I did want the #167 in 9.6...that was sold...so i settled for the 9.4....He says he has orders up the whazoo.

J.D.

I hope this "no catalog purchases until the date we determine" [!@#%^&^] comes back to bite him in the [!@#%^&^]. If not for that BS I could've probably bought a couple of these books instead of waiting b/c "all his customers are treated equally".

Brian

I hope this "no catalog purchases until the date we determine" [!@#%^&^] comes back to bite him in the [!@#%^&^]. If not for that BS I could've probably bought a couple of these books instead of waiting b/c "all his customers are treated equally".

Brian

Can anyone tell me when he 'officially' started taking orders by phone? Maybe I missed the announcement of his official 'determined' selling date? Anyways, I'm still waiting for my catalog, I'll try not to hold my breath...........

Hey Johnny, did you see this lot on eBay? JD's Dream Auction?

Brian

Yeah...and I saw it the last time he listed it and sold it too...he must have shilled it and waited till now to re-run it....not really interested...believe it or not Golden Age WW books are all over the place...they are easier to find than Silver ones...the distibution for Golden WW books was like 4x that of Silver......thanks for pointing it out though Brian.

J.D.

Is that why the price that was quoted on JP's WW 108 was almost as much as the G.A. book W.W. that was a higher grade?

Brian

JP had a #105 8.0 and thats a MAJOR key issue...the one 9.4 out there sold for $7,500.00 last year at Heritage and now PGc has it listed for $11,000.00....earlry Silver issues are rare in high grade.....anywho JP doesn't have the 105 anymore...marnin bought it , it's the one in his catalog...and he already sold it too.

J.D.

...As for when Rosenberg started selling the books,..I asked him about it...he said he has very little controll over the slabbed books...I don't think he owns them,..just on consigment I think...that would explain why they were at the Philly show....cause when I asked for a discount he would only give me 10% cause he said that's all the OWNER allowed him...but he can be more flexable on the raw books cause those are his....so you probably have a better chance in getting a raw book from him at this point cause the slabbed ones have been shown around.

Jonny D.

Wow, I dropped $10,000 with Marnin and got no discount and was reminded that I got 2nd shot. Back when I was a top Marnin customer. To show how far I have fallen I just got my catalog today, in the past I would have been given it first. cloud9.gif

Wow, I dropped $10,000 with Marnin and got no discount and was reminded that I got 2nd shot. Back when I was a top Marnin customer. To show how far I have fallen I just got my catalog today, in the past I would have been given it first. cloud9.gif

I must have caught him on a good day then...was kind of chatty.

J.D.