• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your opinions please.

27 posts in this topic

I don't mind B&W comics. One of the more recent titles I really enjoyed was Poison Elves by Drew Hayes. The series was very readable and actually enhanced the story by being very detailed.

Here's a graphic novel from the British press called Slaine.He's a Celtic Barbarian and the art is a good example of what works in B&W.Haven't finished reading it yet.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

SLAINE2.jpg

SLAINE1.jpg

I prefer color,but don't mind b&w.

There are some stories,50s ECs being a prime example,that look much better in b&w.Although I haven't seen them,I imagine the Smith Conans look great in b&w.On the other hand,most of Kirby's Marvel work suffers in b&w,compared to the originals.

I don't mind B&W comics. One of the more recent titles I really enjoyed was Poison Elves by Drew Hayes. The series was very readable and actually enhanced the story by being very detailed.

Here's a graphic novel from the British press called Slaine.He's a Celtic Barbarian and the art is a good example of what works in B&W.Haven't finished reading it yet.GOD BLESS...

SLAINE2.jpg

SLAINE1.jpg

ohhh I think I know what I'm reading next..(to do list...pick up a copy of Slaine)

I like the British stuff,it always has that raw,foreign flair.GOD BLESS...

Story by Pat Mills,art by Angie Kincaid,Massimo Belardinelli,and Mike McMahon,each doing several chapters.GOD BLESS...