• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This guys ebay Auction x-men #1 Avengers #1 etc. Reserve frusteration

17 posts in this topic

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZgrubdn

there is the link to his auction i asked him What his reserve was and he would not tell me I hate that!!!! I am not sure if I should bid more I put down 1,500 on x-men #1 and didnt hit reserve and 1,000 each on the daredevil and avengers and didn't hit reserve. Anyway the point is I hate reserves.

there is the link to his auction i asked him What his reserve was and he would not tell me I hate that!!!! I am not sure if I should bid more I put down 1,500 on x-men #1 and didnt hit reserve and 1,000 each on the daredevil and avengers and didn't hit reserve. Anyway the point is I hate reserves.

Most buyers do.

Most sellers don't. And, I'd prefer to see a sensible reserve than a load of shill bidding or auctions being yanked before close due to low bids.

My collection of vintage comics is going on sale. Mostly all my comics where purchased on the Internet. Enjoy single comic auctions and a variety of assorted key collections. Each lot will consist of many keys at high value. To my knowledge all are unrestored and in beautiful condition. If you submit the book to a dealer or CGC, etc. and it comes back restored please contact me as soon as possible and I will be more than happy to refund your money. You will see I have many of the same key comics because I was always upgrading. Read all auctions. Some have very high-grade key comics.

poke2.gif

This is a Comic-Keys stealth account.

It's from the NY area and look at the wording.

Mostly all my comics where purchased on the Internet.

This is a funny line too. Somehow, I don't think it inspires quite the confidence the seller thinks it does... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

First off... if they wanted you to know the reserve then they would state it in the auction. Most don't because people trying to bid to the reserve tend to cause more people to bid. The more people that bid the more fierce the competition gets and you start getting emotion bids which can shoot the price way up.

Second... you bid $1500 on an "8.0/8.5" X-Men #1 and are surprised it didn't hit the reserve? $1500 would get you around a 4.0-5.0. An 8.0 is going to run you in the neighborhood of $6k - $8k for an unrestored copy. Granted... comic_keys just had a 9.2 restored sell for just over $1600, but that's because his reputation is shot.

If you put in a more realistic bid you may hit the reserve confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't understand why yuo're so angry about not knowing what the reserve was beforehand? Just bid according to what you would be willing to pay for the book. If the reserve is more than you're willing to pay, what does it matter? It's more than you're willing to pay whether you know the amount or not. poke2.gif