• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stop the Presses: Mile High 3 Collection for Chuck??

88 posts in this topic

DARTH,

This collection could be labelled MH3 by Chuck, but it won't qualify as a pedigree. The seller assembled the collection piecemeal, rather than as an original owner.

In that case, I'm sad to announce that upon my death there shall be no...sniff...sniff... Minutekev Pedigree... frown.gif

DARTH,

This collection could be labelled MH3 by Chuck, but it won't qualify as a pedigree. The seller assembled the collection piecemeal, rather than as an original owner.

You hit it right on the nose! This is not a pedigree collection. Technically, he does not even own it so how can it be called "Mile High" anything? He is basically putting this guy's collection on consignment.

Thanks for the clarification, oldguy...

I guess UHaul has no interest in seeing their trucks go to Denver right now. Because I have run quotes on the "Texas to Oregon" trip to move storage unit stuff a couple dozen times in the past three years, and it's never been more than $1200. And that trip is 2,141 miles... Their one-way rates are as much about adjusting inventories as they are about mileage...

I still can't believe how horrifying it must have been for him to drive a truck through the desert knowing he had X-Factor and Richie Rich in the back... It's a wonder he got out alive...

I should have said this in my original post. I didn't post the Uhaul info as support for Chuck. I went to the website hoping to show what an insufficiently_thoughtful_person he is. When I saw that the price was in conjunction with what he said I almost didn't post it, but I figured that fair is fair. 893frustrated.gif

Thanks for the clarification, oldguy...

I guess UHaul has no interest in seeing their trucks go to Denver right now. Because I have run quotes on the "Texas to Oregon" trip to move storage unit stuff a couple dozen times in the past three years, and it's never been more than $1200. And that trip is 2,141 miles... Their one-way rates are as much about adjusting inventories as they are about mileage...

I still can't believe how horrifying it must have been for him to drive a truck through the desert knowing he had X-Factor and Richie Rich in the back... It's a wonder he got out alive...

I should have said this in my original post. I didn't post the Uhaul info as support for Chuck. I went to the website hoping to show what an insufficiently_thoughtful_person he is. When I saw that the price was in conjunction with what he said I almost didn't post it, but I figured that fair is fair. 893frustrated.gif

I didn't think you were supporting Chuck... tongue.gif

Yeah, just for fun I ran the quotes both directions between here and Texas this afternoon, and the price difference was over $400...

I do look forward to hearing more about the collection from Chuck... and I will probably buy one book, just to have another cheesy certificate to add to my collection.

It's so great to see that so many other people think that Chuck is an incredible piece of sheeet! You read this stuff and you have to laugh. I never have and never will buy from Chuck because not only is he a theif, but he manipulates every story to make it seem like he is the savior to the comic book industry!

DAM

DARTH,

sorry, that much is clear - the joke in my post was "pediGREED"...it may get collection status like the Cage collection, but still may be closer to pedigree than the MH2 if they decide to change the story that the owner bought the 8500 keys off the stands...

Well if he prices any of these like the books he just put on ebay it will take him a decade or so to sell them I bet! He has about 10 cgcd books on ebay right now. A 9.2 Spidey 24 with an opening low price of only $1200 - but guess what lucky guy? No reserve! And to make things even better an 8.5 FF 8 for only $2000 to open. Prices that would make even the crustiest NYC comic dealer blush! WTF? I have dealt with almost every dealer on earth that sells high grade silver - even some whose names who can not be spoken in polite society or uttered on these boards- but I have never and will never do any biz with this nut! But really - who buys stuff from this guy?

But really - who buys stuff from this guy?

well to answer your question, how many dealers or sellers on eBay will ship internationally? i remember reading a letter in a CBG (maybe oldguy can dig it up and post it on here) about a month and a half ago. the author of the letter was defending why he buys comics from MHC and thinks chuck rozanski is a godsend. i ain't making this up, it's true, i read it with my own two eyes. 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

Thought I heard that his market niche are 80's and 90's comics sold to collectors who either can't tell the difference between a F/VF and a NM, or just don't care. Are there that many out there?

Anyone here know of any collectors who know how to grade, that deal with Chuck? Not trying to by funny, just a question.

I would agree with the notion that a lot of his buyers are overseas. Not to mention his ease of purchasing from the website makes buying from him favorable to the every-day collector.

Brian

I would agree with the notion that a lot of his buyers are overseas. Not to mention his ease of purchasing from the website makes buying from him favorable to the every-day collector.

Brian

i mean if you think about it, who are these people that continue to bid on comic-keys auctions? obviously they're all not submitting the book(s) to CGC for certification, and if they do, we never know which book or who the buyer was since his auctions are private along with his feedback. there have been a few who came on here and posted that they have bought from comic-keys and the book(s) came back as restored....even twice when given a replacement copy. but the majority of whom took the poll would rather smoke crack than buy from comic-keys or MHC. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Thought I heard that his market niche are 80's and 90's comics sold to collectors who either can't tell the difference between a F/VF and a NM, or just don't care. Are there that many out there?

Anyone here know of any collectors who know how to grade, that deal with Chuck? Not trying to by funny, just a question.

I don't know whether I know how to grade... but I deal with Chuck...

I probably spend around $800 a year on books from him for my customers... I also sell him roughly $3K a year worth of books...

The reason I deal with him is simple. I have a huge selection of back issues, and have customers who expect me to be able to find what they are looking for. Where else can I go, and with less than 10 minutes work, get copies of random modern comics? My time is far more valuable to me than the "overcharging" that Chuck does.

With the possible exception of Buddy Saunders, who else can tell you whether they have X-Factor 43 in stock? Or Incredible Hulk 404? Or Daredevil 361? Or Thor v2 #7? Or Amazing Spider-Man 334?

Any dealer can tell you if they have Amazing Spider-Man 14.... but how many take the time to keep track of whether they have issue 414?

There are a ton of books that I have available consistently that few other dealers do. Books like Powers 2, LOEG v2 1, Wolverine 146, Supergirl 80, 100 Bullets 1-6... Because I carry those books, customers get used to coming to me for hard-to-find stuff. And if I don't get them what they are looking for, they will go elsewhere. So yeah... from time to time, I pick up stuff from Chuck... and from Buddy Saunders (of Lone Star Comics, also mycomicshop.com)...

And for all the grief about Chuck's horrible grading on older stuff, the stuff I order from him is nearly always 9.0 or better. And that's all someone looking to buy X-Factor 43 really cares about...

well to answer your question, how many dealers or sellers on eBay will ship internationally? i remember reading a letter in a CBG (maybe oldguy can dig it up and post it on here) about a month and a half ago. the author of the letter was defending why he buys comics from MHC and thinks chuck rozanski is a godsend. i ain't making this up, it's true, i read it with my own two eyes. 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

Supa - I read that in CBG too!! It was sickening - he actually went on about his GRADING too! What a wierdo . . .

DAM

And for all the grief about Chuck's horrible grading on older stuff, the stuff I order from him is nearly always 9.0 or better. And that's all someone looking to buy X-Factor 43 really cares about...

it's pretty hard to up grading a NM book from the modern age, 95% of modern age books i say are in atleast 9.0 or better. so what you're saying is, modern age is OK, but everything else before that is a surprise. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifblush.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

it's pretty hard to up grading a NM book from the modern age, 95% of modern age books i say are in atleast 9.0 or better. so what you're saying is, modern age is OK, but everything else before that is a surprise. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifblush.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

And I have never said anything to contradict that... I don't order Silver and Bronze from him... the fact is most people don't... His bread and butter is his order-fulfillment system which is spectacular, and the best way to take advantage of that system is for him to do a ton of business in modern books.

The average guy on this forum is probably making more than $25 an hour... if you're looking for random $2 moderns, is it really worth your time searching high and low to find them for 50c cheaper than Chuck? Sure when you have a huge list you offer it around to a bunch of people, but when you get down to that last 5% of the list and you have burned through your normal sources, you're better off paying Chuck or Buddy's prices than continuing the hunt.

Chuck is the "retailer of last resort" in comics... and is doing quite well at filling that need...

And I have never said anything to contradict that... I don't order Silver and Bronze from him... the fact is most people don't... His bread and butter is his order-fulfillment system which is spectacular, and the best way to take advantage of that system is for him to do a ton of business in modern books.

Chuck is the "retailer of last resort" in comics... and is doing quite well at filling that need...

That being the case, any idea why he would make such a vast detour from his proven methods to undertake this ?

That being the case, any idea why he would make such a vast detour from his proven methods to undertake this ?

...because he could get hi shands on them cheaply enough? He buys and sells the modern [!@#%^&^] cause he only buys long boxes by th epound from dealers whod rather sell than ship home again.