• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil 1... should I have restored?

32 posts in this topic

If you were somewhat willing to spend 500 dollars on the restore, why not simply buy a 4.5 or even 5.0?

Heck I bet you might even get a 6.0 for that money. Then sell your ripped DD1 to recoup a little of the money back.

Artboy99

It would be good to have the spine split sealed and have the piece reattached to the front cover, but don't kid yourself into thinking that it would be a wise financial decision. The only silver age book I can think of that is worth the cost of moderate or extensive restoration is Amazing Fantasy #15.

Get some archival tape and do it yourself. It will cost you very little, the book will look much better, the process is reversible, and it will mitigate the potential for future damage.

And it'll keep him from potentially losing that big honkin' piece of the cover that he has sliding around in the bag. 27_laughing.gif

Get some archival tape and do it yourself. It will cost you very little, the book will look much better, the process is reversible, and it will mitigate the potential for future damage.

The advice of October and FFB would work out thumbsup2.gif Its not worth it to spend $500 to restore the book when you can easily buy a midgrade copy for that price. If you want a mid grade unrestored copy, i suggest you use the $500 to get one and do what October said with the book. Afterwards just keep it ( did you buy it off the rack? 893whatthe.gif) or sell it so you could add money to the $500 and get a F/Vf copy!

It's tough because when you have a book like this you want it to be all it could be. Point Five, is there a reliable percentage for the value of a restored book one could expect to get. i mean a percentage of Overstreet.

Example:

Unrestored daredevil= 1000.00

Extensivly restored daredevil= ?

I have a formula which I use, you are welcome to use it for fee, i mean for free stooges.gif

extensively restored comicbook =20% of unrestored

moderately restored comicbook =30% of unrestored

slight restorec comicbook = 40% of unrestored...hence forth i call it Benz formula of comics wink.gif

>> where can I get Archival tape?

Art supply places. Or online - do a google search for document repair tape

or archival tape.

gozer

---------------------

The only monster on this bus is a lack of proper respect for the rules.