• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Was Board Today

24 posts in this topic

Because it's spamming. Of course it's NOT a CGC book if it's raw. That's just common sense. The only purpose of putting "Not CGC" is to draw keyword searches to their auction.

Brian

By putting the word "CGC" in your auction title you are what most call keyword spamming. The objective is to get your auction to pull up in more searches and hopefully get a few more interested parties to bid had they not found it otherwise.

What's so bad about "not cgc" in the auction title? I used to put "not" in titles to grab the interest of people looking at similar products or brands.

As others have already pointed out........people that use the "search" feature and are ONLY interested in looking at CGC books will then have to wade through a slew of non CGC books that have those letters listed as part of their title. This wastes time and defeats the purpose of the search engine.

What's so bad about "not cgc" in the auction title? I used to put "not" in titles to grab the interest of people looking at similar products or brands.

As others have already pointed out........people that use the "search" feature and are ONLY interested in looking at CGC books will then have to wade through a slew of non CGC books that have those letters listed as part of their title. This wastes time and defeats the purpose of the search engine.

This of course is why, when I do a search for CGC 9.8 books, I type into the search box:

"CGC 9.8 -not"

Yes, I may miss a couple of pre-Code titles that include the word "not" in them... but otherwise it's smooth sailing...

By putting the word "CGC" in your auction title you are what most call keyword spamming. The objective is to get your auction to pull up in more searches and hopefully get a few more interested parties to bid had they not found it otherwise.

That's how I found some of the X-men I was looking for.

And the seller is beeing honest

This of course is why, when I do a search for CGC 9.8 books, I type into the search box:

"CGC 9.8 -not"

Yes, I may miss a couple of pre-Code titles that include the word "not" in them... but otherwise it's smooth sailing...

The boolean king strikes again... 893applaud-thumb.gif

"CGC 9.8 -not"

I've seen them pull this stunt several different ways though.

"CGC ready"

"CGC it"

"CGC quality"

etc. frown.gif

I've seen them pull this stunt several different ways though.

"CGC ready"

"CGC it"

"CGC quality"

etc

Or ...as one board member likes to use..."Pre-CGC".... 27_laughing.gif