• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whither the arseman?

50 posts in this topic

The arseman cometh? grin.gif

My sincerest condolences to the arseman family . . . he seems to have dropped off the face of the earth . . . grin.gif

No need for flowers quite yet...Arseman has been busy...

Hello, and welcome to the first newsletter for Comic Book Pedigrees! This monthly newsletter brings you highlights for comicpedigrees.com, the epicenter for any and all things pedigree. Want to be the first to hear about that new collection hitting the market? Maybe you're looking for pedigreed comics for your collection? Or maybe you just can't wait for our book on the greatest pedigree collections ever discovered to come out? Whatever your appetite, you'll find your feast at comicpedigrees.com.

CBP unveiled the Central Valley collection this summer, a Golden Age pedigreed collection that featured some of the whitest, highest graded Supermans and Batmans in existence. Now we're excited to bring you the famous Don Rosa collection. It's so big, we're only offering the Marvel Comics A through M this month, featuring over 400 CGC graded comics, of which almost 200 are 9.6, and 100 are 9.8! You can even check out scans of each CGC book.

There's also 1000 raw Don Rosa comics as well; Spidey, Avengers, Captain America, FF, horror, western, you name it. And it's all just a click away at comicpedigrees.com. But make sure to check soon, because this list is going out to a cadre of collectors who are just chomping at the bit!

Don Rosa, world-renowned and Eisner award winning comic book artist, writer, and historian, purchased every comic book and magazine published from 1966 to the late 1980's, read them only once, and carefully tucked them away in optimum storage conditions, using archival boxes and a climate controlled "vault." Because they were stored in such an environment with no use of polybags, each book exhibits a brilliant sheen, deep ink reflectivity, sharp corners and a fresh newsstand appearance. Mr. Rosa also managed to complete full runs of EC, DC, Atlas, early Silver Age, and many other genres of comics. These have yet to hit the market.....

Look for Don Rosa Marvels N through Z next month!

That this is only the beginning. CBP has some very exciting plans for the future, and we want you to be a part of it. Our long-awaited book on the greatest pedigreed collections ever discovered is slated for a summer '07 release, with monthly updates coming to you via this newsletter. We've also got mind-blowing data on pedigrees that will be posted in the coming months. And many, many pedigreed comics for sale in the future! Mile Highs, San Franciscos, Larsons, Crippens, Pacific Coasts, White Mountains, a collector's dream. You'll find it all at comicpedigrees.com.

Comic Book Pedigrees

1440 Halsey Way Suite #114

Carrollton, TX 75007

972-980-8040

comicpedigrees.com

Ricky has ALWAYS been able to turn up nice books. I have always

respected him, we both started comic book careers at the knees of

two Houston comic icons. Roy Banario and Glen Kessler. Both were

great guys to us both.

Ricky [or Richard], has always been a very knowledgeable person when

it came to which and what books to acquire.

I had most of a case of Strangers in Paradise that had been in the warehouse

since Terry Brooks did a session at the SE side shop. Ricky remembered

four or five years afterward that he had hooked me up with Brooks for the

appearance and asked if I had any first prints left. I couldn't remember, he did.

We struck a deal that benefitted both of us.

As to whether Matt is actually driving to town to look at any specific lots of

comics, ......well.........

Ask him, I'm sure he's around here somewhere.... flowerred.gifthumbsup2.gif

Its clear that he's far too busy destroying hundreds and hundreds of books....and letting on to as few people as he can get away with.

Have you seen how many auctions he's running every week now? I thought his 'business model' was to use the sold books to demonstrate his skills and bring in new clientelle for his services?

Instead, I think he's intent on pressing every last red cent of profit out of every book in the northern hemisphere. frown.gif

I just checked out Matt's website (link) and found the following quote at the bottom:

"We are a firm believer in empowering our clients with information that other people would be hesitant to share. A more informed collector contributes to a stronger, healthier market in the long run."

27_laughing.gif

gossip.gif "Just don't ask which books I pressed. Nothing wrong with pressing. Just don't ask."

Of course there's nothing wrong with pressing.

Don't forget, 'the market' told Matt that there was nothing wrong with pressing, and we're 'out of touch' here.

Us being the buyers of these pancakes... yeahok.gif

gossip.gif "Just don't ask which books I pressed. Nothing wrong with pressing. Just don't ask."

Don't forget, 'the market' told Matt that there was nothing wrong with pressing, and we're 'out of touch' here.

I like pancakes! Especially with maple syrup! Yum! cloud9.gif

I like pie!

Me too. thumbsup2.gif

I'm just not that partial to them in slabs or mylars.

And I'm sure that's a feeling many more would share if they were simply made aware, proactively, of what they were purchasing.

You came to the right place, then. thumbsup2.gif

houseofmatt.jpg