• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOLY #$@#$!!! CGC 9.8 AVENGERS 58 WHITE ROSE COLLECTION

25 posts in this topic

YeaH - why don't you recount your purchase of that Spidey 14 9.4 again so we can know who spends some real money on real comics around here.

for someone who doesn't like this book,you sure do bring it up alot,more than i do!..how much you want for the JIM 116 9.2 supa sold ya? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ok Im looking at this scan of the Action 70.Im trying to be an objective grader and learn something.I see at least 3 spots on the cover that could be stuff on the scanner but one for sure looks like a problem, plus I can count the pages in the book from the scan.How can this be a 9.8?Am I missing something here?

Are we getting this is an older book so we should grade it more lenient?

Enquiring minds need to know. ( :

When I looked at it earlier, I assumed that just the extremely tiny chip (remember that scan is about 4x) and the tiny non-color-breaking spine stress were the actual flaws on the book. The rest I assumed was on the case. I can see that as a weak 9.8. It'd be a solid 9.6. As for the being able to "count the pages" that's the way the book was produced. Grading GA books down for production abnormalities like that would be like downgrading SA Marvels for having overflash.

Bug is right (shudder). GA books are graded w/ a little more leniency.

The case can really be made for both sides. A book is a book. But, at the same time, you have to take into account that comics do age. For arguements sake, a book from 1953, fresh off the newstand, put in Mylar w/ acid free backboard is just not going to be the same as a book fresh off the rack of your LCS. There has to be a little forgiveness taken into account when grading books 50+ years old. They weren't made to "last" that long.

Chris

for someone who doesn't like this book,you sure do bring it up alot,more than i do!..how much you want for the JIM 116 9.2 supa sold ya? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

kevin,

i sold him a JIM 114 not JIM 116, there is a JIM 116 CGC NM- 9.2 WHITE pages for $175 in the comiccollectors.net catalouge though. 893whatthe.gifgossip.gif

pimpy

kevin,

i sold him a JIM 114 not JIM 116, there is a JIM 116 CGC NM- 9.2 WHITE pages for $175 in the comiccollectors.net catalouge though. 893whatthe.gifgossip.gif

pimpy

O,In that case i'll pass on the 114,cause i can get a 114 9.4 White Mountain,I called insufficiently_thoughtful_person,I mean Marinin about the 116 and of course it's sold, like everything else he has in the catalog once someone gets it...it'll be like ComicLink...Sold,Sold,Sold,Sold Sale pending,sale pending,sale pending ect... 893frustrated.gif