• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,460 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2021 at 9:15 PM, pickycollector said:

ASM #2 CGC 9.0 sold for $40,100 tonight on ComicConnect :whatthe::whatthe:

The one that sold on Comiclink recently now looks like a bargain..

Link

Wow! What goes up seems to keep going up and up and up. I’m afraid my upgrading days may be finished :sorry:

On 9/3/2021 at 7:04 PM, trmoore54 said:

jordysnordy, Elmer/Dutch74 and I started a PM on Aug 2 2016 that we still have going about the difficulty and scarcity of ASM 11 in 9.0 or greater. :headbang:  In fact I have championed its value for some time (don't get me started about FF 7).  And some of you may be aware or remember I have done over the years comparative rank spreadsheets for HG (9.0 or better) ASM 1-50 (and also FF and JIM) and I think my last posted comparative analysis was June 2019 for ASM.  Here is the current situation...rank/order first total number is June 2019 and 2nd total number is today...the results are interestingly pretty much the same...just doing a snapshot of 1-5 in scarcest in 9.0 or better...

1st. 11 39/55 2nd. 1 43/74 3rd. 2 53/69 4th. 64/82 5th. 3 72/98.  And there it is...only a measly 55 issues of 11 graded in 9.0 or better.

So it's pretty much the same except issues 1 and 2 flip-flopped.  Granted, lots of factors regarding which books get submitted etc but I think, ultimately, the numbers don't lie.  And obviously ASM 11 has that dark purple/blue black brown background that would ultimately reveal a lot of wear and tear and lower grades.  Plus maybe some people "In the know" saved their #3 with minimal handling and beat the hell out of their #11 lol 

Anyway...just chiming in and certainly amazed at the serious jumps in price for many HG issues but also amazingly collectibles across the arc are churning.  

Now...what to do...sit or sell... hm

SPIDER-MAN 11 CGC 9.0 OW.jpg

Sell DEFINITELY ......

:takeit:

Another way to look at it is the general belief that these early Spideys will continue to go up in price and not go down.  Talking the key issues and certainly single digit books of course.  So it is easy to say (to me) that ASM 1, 2, 3, 4, 11 and 14 are $20K-plus books to stay in 9.0 and better.  Next up thinking 9 and 13 (9.0) to pass the $20K threshold and then possibly 6 and 15...eventually.  Also, like other collectibles and commodities, buyers are the market and set the prices.  New higher prices beget new higher prices and thresholds.  Spidey rules! :headbang: