• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For collectors only.

23 posts in this topic

Having sold my first collection (FF 12-200, Avengers, 8-180, Marvel Two-In-One 1-50, Marvel Team-Up 1-67, Captain America 100-200, etc.) for a pittance back in the late 70's, I can definitely say it is costing a lot of time and money to reassemble some semblance of my former collection.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Back in 92 I sold my collection to a local dealer because I was going off to school and needed the money. Included a complete run of X-Men with 70% of them being in NM. O.K. maybe a bunch of those would be VF+ or VF/NM today but still. Also had a nice run of early FF and Strange Tales as well as all kinds of other random stuff. In '92 I sold them to a DEALER for 12K so that should give you some idea of what they would be worth today. I still kick myself over that daily. 893frustrated.gif

That's gotta hurt !!! makepoint.gif

Well look at it this way...you needed the money at the time,they had to go.You didn't have a crystal ball at the time.no sense in beating yourself up over it for the rest of your life. 893naughty-thumb.gif

So, the comic collecting hobby is dying, huh. And....along with that we find ourselves in a position where it's a good time to sell your comics because of the advent of e-bay and CGC. If you guys are hanging onto your comics during this "great time to sell" time we're in, why? I know I've sold part of my collection in the past and have regretted it big time. So, I for one will not sell. Gotta feeling it's just gonna cost a lot of money to replace them and also it's gonna be a lot of work.

Anybody out there feel the same?

I figure that everything I spend is a sunk, irrecoverable cost. Have fun. Collect what you like. If the market goes up great, if not that's cool too - at least you have your hobby and the books that you want. Now don't get me wrong, we are all vested into hoping that the comic book market does well, but at the end of the day don't lose sight of why you are doing this in the first place.

DAM