• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how does CGC handle autographs that are not certified

52 posts in this topic

Signature series drives me crazy. Such a waste of all those high grade books. Especially silver and bronze. All for a temporary marketing fad frown.gif
893whatthe.gif You shouldnt say that in this tread with all the SS freaks..
We all know how Anfield feels but we still talk to him. screwy.gif

If i ever see your 9.6 Batman 251 in a yellow holder i will kill you! makepoint.gif

Pre-SS, they got a Universal, but once CGC changed the business model to authenticated sigs.... devil.gif

Incorrect. gossip.gif

So what are old "front cover sig" books with Blue labels, all mistakes?

I've never seen one. Got a scan? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

same book as above from 4-6-2004, resubmitted for sig notation and got a green label - before i had a good scanner or camera

bluewithsig.jpg

Signature series drives me crazy. Such a waste of all those high grade books. Especially silver and bronze. All for a temporary marketing fad frown.gif
We do? confused.gif

poke2.gif

I do. He replaced you on my people to talk to list.

We do? confused.gif

poke2.gif

I do. He replaced you on my people to talk to list.

sign-funnypost.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

I have a signed Spider-Man 300 from way back and CGC put it in a purple label with the notation: "Restoration includes: small amount of color touch on cover. (Name written on cover in marker)"

I wonder if I could resubmit now and get a green label?

I have never figure out how to post a picture on the Boards but here's a link.

Spider-Man 300 signed - purple label!

I have a signed Spider-Man 300 from way back and CGC put it in a purple label with the notation: "Restoration includes: small amount of color touch on cover. (Name written on cover in marker)"

Purple trumps all

Wow I only hope my CGC ASM #300 with white pages for sale now goes for 1/2 that buyit now. confused.gif

I managed to get the #300 this one for $81.... plus shipping and pick up todd and stan's sigs

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

takeit.gifcloud9.gif

WEBHEAD

Purple trumps all

shy.gifhi.gif

Its funny cause I was just thinking of posting here to get people's opinions on signatures and saw this thread. My musing come in two parts I guess... One, how do people generally feel about signed books. Personally I have a few DF signed books and a couple of books I bought from dealers years ago that were suppose to be signed by artists and such. I like signed books and doubt that its a "fad" that will ever go away. Just like any other collectible out there we as collectors like to have a piece of the creator to treasure as our own, be it a picture or autograph. I just don't see that ever changing.

As far as CGC... I don't see why they don't mark a DF signed book as a DF signed book.. The idea is that the DF certificate of auth is your guarantee that the artist/writer/whomever signed the book. I'm not saying CGC itself should say, "yes, this is the true sig" but rather just acknowledging the DF cert for what its worth. I mean, this company is putting its rep on the line just like CGC. I know people have said that there's no guarantee the book was truly signed by the person, but I guess you can say that for any company that sells signed books.. You have to trust the that company to a certain point.