• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paratrooper covers RUN

1,682 posts in this topic

Very cool Jon, some of those Double Comics remainders are pretty hard to find. Do you know how many covers for 1940 & 1941 there are?

Telerites, that's a very cool cover! Just bought the Dell File copy off Metro not too long ago. Should arrive shortly.

Very cool Jon, some of those Double Comics remainders are pretty hard to find. Do you know how many covers for 1940 & 1941 there are?

Telerites, that's a very cool cover! Just bought the Dell File copy off Metro not too long ago. Should arrive shortly.

I have six. Those happen to be the six on the GCD. I have not seen others, but that means little.

It is interesting that the one with Masked Marvel cover is copyrighted by Centaur as is the insides, as opposed to the later ones......

these books fit neatly into my craving for GA esoteria

OOPS!!!!!! NOW I AM REALLY IN FOR IT WITH THOSE GUYS COMING DOWN FROM THE SKY

Another for you to find, sorry.......jon

53664-double1.jpg.e7f4ae6c9faa6d5c21f67e1757a46c90.jpg

Jon, ya I had 3 Double Comics with trooper covers. Have one, those two you posted I still need. I'll get em eventually, I see the one above for sale quite often. The other one you posted I rarely see for sale anywhere.

Dang, another one I didn't have on my list. Thought I had em all identified...... You selling that one?

Maybe, I'll let you know. Mine is better than that picture. Lots better.

Just picked this up at Wondecon in San Francisco last week:

TopNotchLaugh0030.jpg

Robert Beerbohm Comic Art

www.BLBcomics.com

eBaystore: BLBcomics

Ah, can't see pic. Photobucket blocked at work. But I see that it's Top Notch 30 from quoted link. I have a beater copy of that book, when I get home I'll look to see what condition yours is in, then we may talk....

Jack, just responded. Parachute nurse indeed lol perhaps I'll expand my collection to include paratrooper stories later on in the game. But for now I'll stick to covers.... WTB list getting longer each day, god forbid I add trooper stories to the mix.

A few more came in last week, just getting around to scanning em.

This one came to me FREE from TheWatcher aka Angelo (sent me the whole series). The stories are written by an ex-Navy Seal giving a semi-accurate account of what he has done in the past.

Specwar3.jpg

'Trooper, have you seen this Parachute Nurse feature?

54123-ParachuteNurse.jpg

From Blue Beetle 22, June 1943. Cover is in the cigar thread.

Jack

Hey Jack, I asked you this in the cigar thread but it quickly got buried. I notice that they refer to the nurse as Russian in the caption. I can't recall seeing a WWII story with a sympathetic Russian main character before. Are there further references to her nationality in the story, or is it a fairly generic war story? Any chance we could see another page or two? :wishluck: