• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Put the paint marker....

89 posts in this topic

You don't want to see your copy.... 893whatthe.gif

stooges.gif

Yours is cloud9.gif

It was only my 'keepers' that were impacted. insane.gif

Sorry to hear about that. frown.gif

Since the rest of the Sigs on the 108 were in black, you'd think they could have figured it out. sign-rantpost.gif

Got a scan handy of my copy? shy.gifflowerred.gif

• Administrator

Just throwin' my two cents in... I saw Dave at Charlotte and the guy wasn't looking so good. Remember he was not well just a short while ago? Though I agree that a thick paint pen is not the most attractive, it must be nice just to have a legend's signature on a book he worked upon... or is it just me? BTW this is my personal opinion.... :P

I like my SS Swamp Thing #9 with Silver, but it's a clear signature on a dark background. Although I might like it better in black???

I don't understand why some of you guys like all the black sharpy across the Xmen Title where you can't see 1/2 the signature, or can't make it out from a scan.

Maybe in hand it's better.

Just throwin' my two cents in... I saw Dave at Charlotte and the guy wasn't looking so good. Remember he was not well just a short while ago? Though I agree that a thick paint pen is not the most attractive, it must be nice just to have a legend's signature on a book he worked upon... or is it just me? BTW this is my personal opinion.... :P

I will have to agree with Gemma on this one. Mr. Cockrum did not seem to have a great deal of strength in his hands. The fact that he made himself available for the con and signed many books should be commended.

NOT ALL THIS B/S WHAT HE SIGNED THE BOOKS WITH.

I was very happy to get my books signed from him. And I have been known on being somewhat picky in the past with creators with what they sign with and where.

But not with a guy like Dave Cockrum!!!!

I have always been a huge X-Men fan. And will remember the signing in Charlotte for a very long time.

p.s

thecollector worked very hard to get your books done people.

I know I was with him in line.

To all you picky SS snobs, get on a plane go to a con and get your books done yourselves the way you want them done.

Not that I need to explain myself to a CGC witness that doesn't even accept customer submissions, but I've spent north of $5000 on SS submissions over the past year...and don't feel that it's too much to ask that my books not be signed in thick silver marker.

This is a service I PAY FOR , and have every right to express my dissatisfaction when my books get messed up.

It's not like the books were signed for me as a favour or something.

Snobs may not be the right word.

It just seems to me that some people are acting a bit UNGREATFUL!!!

Whoever got your books signed for you did their best.

umm its UNGRATEFUL

Not that I need to explain myself to a CGC witness that doesn't even accept customer submissions, but I've spent north of $5000 on SS submissions over the past year...and don't feel that it's too much to ask that my books not be signed in thick silver marker.

This is a service I PAY FOR , and have every right to express my dissatisfaction when my books get messed up.

Why don't you take it up with the person who you submitted with? confused-smiley-013.gif

You're right, it's your money.

That’s right I don’t accept submissions from the public. I wonder why 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But since Kev was pretty well alone at the CGC booth in Charlotte I did as I have done in the past and aid in obtaining signatures for customers of CGC and even some the Paradise books.

996.jpg

p.s I wonder who gave Mr.Cockrum the silver sharpie