• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Heaven Auction???

28 posts in this topic

Ok...someone explain this to me like I'm 5 years old ...never done this Comic Heaven thing before but here goes.....I under stand that if it ends in a B the min bid starts at 50% of est value and if it ends in A it starts at 75%.....my questions are:

1.) Do you send them a figure that is the maximum of what you are willing to spend ....or do you send a minimum -maximum range?

B.) Is the 10% deposit on the est value of the book...your minimum bid...or maximum bid?

C.) Do they notify you if you are outbid, or is it a one shot deal?

4.) What is the quality of the books as per experience in the past?

Q.) Who runs this thing??

Sincerely,

Jonny Double

I bought at this auction for a couple of years...

Answers:

1.) The maximum amount.

B.) 10% of maximum bid.

C.) It's a one-shot deal.

4.) What is the quality of the books as per experience in the past?

I bought some mid-grade golden age stuff and the grading was just ok. The last time I won a few books all came with paper quality a little rougher than what I wanted, and it really put me off on doing it again.

Q.) Who runs this thing??

A Texas dealer named John Verzyl (?). I believe he is (or was) an Overstreet adviser.

Cool...thanks guys...don't know where they got my name from...some house must have sold my name off.......hope it wasn't Lonestar...I just got a letter from them today saying I probably shouldn't buy from them anymore , cause for the first time in a year of receiving scmeck advertised as NM, I returned it to them....

You got to love these place that offer returns..."Oh yes..if not completely satisfied return for a full refund. But never darken our doorstep again."

Jonny D. makepoint.gif

Is comic heavens catalog (auction) on line? I don't get CBG anymore and emailed Comic Heaven but haven't received the catalog (not sure they even accept an email request).

I won books from them around seven years ago. All were Harvey File Copies that I believe were suppose to be NM or better. My guess is by CGC standards they would grade around VF to VF/NM. The good news was the price was OK at the time and now all the books are worth at least twice as much. Of course if they had been in the condition they said, they would be worth five-ten times as much.

Can someone tell me if he's got any ASMs in the catalog, or Caps between 102-120? I completely spaced this off and didn't email them about getting a catalog until yesterday frown.gif

Brian

Can someone tell me if he's got any ASMs in the catalog, or Caps between 102-120? I completely spaced this off and didn't email them about getting a catalog until yesterday frown.gif

Brian

He has both but none of the books are CGC graded! tongue.gif

Spideys graded in NM from 100 to 200 are as follows:

100, 105, 134, 138, 146, 151, 158, 162, 163, 167, 171, 178, 179 NM+, 181, 182 NM+, 183, 194, and 200.

Caps listed in NM or better from 102- 120 are as follows:

103, 108, and 117

You get your money back in the form of a check I'm sure.. but I don't want to have my money "held hostage" for 2 weeks while I wait to find out whether or not I won the comics.. seems pretty silly to me.

Brian

By US mail! C.H. is delightfully low-tech! The bidding closed on July 3, so winners should receive their notification sometime next week.

Cheers,

Z.